Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: CBR or CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: CBR or CSR

Last week, Disney announced plans to enhance two Moderate resorts at Walt Disney World: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Early details were provided regarding guest room additions, dining and amenities. Absent from the announcement was any mention of Disney Vacation Club, although DVC is likely part of one or both projects.

Topic: Would you rather see DVC villas added to Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Before the speculation began regarding a possible gondola system between CBR and DHS and Epcot, I would have said Coronado Springs as my moderate DVC of choice. But now, after seeing on maps how close Caribbean Beach is to Epcot and DHS and if they installed a new method of transportation to get to the two parks, I would have to consider CBR.

I think I could get excited with either choice.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We've only been to CSR once but it seems further away - similar to AK - so I'd rather CBR.

I have to wonder how they will manage a CBR DVC venue textile-wise. We use to stay at CBR frequently, until we afforded the BC/YC area. Missing CBR, we used points to trade into CBR after a few years of BC, YC and DVC vacations and found a significant difference in the beds - size and linens, the toiletries and the seat-less outside areas. The rooms have nice views with the table in a windowed area but if you go outside, unless the room is by a courtyard, there is no seating provided.

The rooms themselves are significantly smaller than a 'deluxe' venue room or DVC studio. Dan sleeps in and I'm up early. We manage this well in the deluxe or studios by using the veranda areas. Even the hotel rooms at the Dolphin and value AK studios are larger than the moderates. I would think the room size needs to increase to achieve enough space for a kitchenette area - much less a full kitchen for a 1 or 2 Br arrangement - but it still doesn't answer the bed linen/toiletry issue.
    Last edited by bakerworld; 02-20-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    We've only been to CSR once but it seems further away - similar to AK - so I'd rather CBR.

I have to wonder how they will manage a CBR DVC venue textile-wise. We use to stay at CBR frequently, until we afforded the BC/YC area. Missing CBR, we used points to trade into CBR after a few years of BC, YC and DVC vacations and found a significant difference in the beds - size and linens, the toiletries and the seat-less outside areas. The rooms have nice views with the table in a windowed area but if you go outside, unless the room is by a courtyard, there is no seating provided.

The rooms themselves are significantly smaller than a 'deluxe' venue room or DVC studio. Dan sleeps in and I'm up early. We manage this well in the deluxe or studios by using the veranda areas. Even the hotel rooms at the Dolphin and value AK studios are larger than the moderates. I would think the room size needs to increase to achieve enough space for a kitchenette area - much less a full kitchen for a 1 or 2 Br arrangement - but it still doesn't answer the bed linen/toiletry issue.
    There is no reason a DVC resort would be a moderate resort because it is located near or in a moderate locale. And at CBR the new building is being built from scratch, so balconies can be added and that resort could be an independent resort from CBR. It doesn't look like balconies are a feature on the CSR building.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy with a DVC component at either resort.

Just comparing the two resorts, I have to give an edge to Coronado Springs. I like the colonial southwestern design of CSR, the main pool is very nice, and I always find a variety of choices to eat at The Pepper Market, CSR's food court.

Caribbean Beach Resort was the first Disney resort we ever stayed at, way back in 1989, so there is some emotional attachment to it. We have only stayed there one other time (2009). We had a nice stay but I remember thinking that I enjoyed our stays at CSR a bit more. So CSR gets a slight 'plus' over CBR in just overall resort look and feel.

If Disney goes ahead with the gondola system, then CBR might have the edge over CSR. It looks like the gondola system will connect CBR to Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot, and even to the Art of Animation. The gondolas should make for a quick and easy trip to either Park. So put a 'plus' in the column for Caribbean Beach.

Of course, if Disney can set up a gondola system to connect CBR to Epcot and DHS, who says it can't set up a gondola line connecting CSR to at least DHS? Since DHS is my favorite Park, that would give another 'plus' in the column for Coronado Springs.

At the moment, CSR gets another plus in its column based on what little we know about Disney's plans at the two resorts. Last week, Disney announced plans for a 15-story building at CSR with roof top dining. Based on the orientation of the building, the top floors and the roof top restaurant should offer great views of the fireworks at DHS, Epcot, and even at the Magic Kingdom. That could be a big 'plus' for having a DVC component at CSR.

At CBR, we know Disney plans to build a resort that might offer great views of Epcot. But at this time, we don't know how tall the building will be. It could be something short, five of six stories, like the Villas at Grand Floridian. Or it could be another 15-story building like the one proposed for CSR. Personally, I hope Disney constructs a tall building at each resort.

So, after thinking about it some more, I still believe I would be happy with a DVC component at either resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    There is no reason a DVC resort would be a moderate resort because it is located near or in a moderate locale. And at CBR the new building is being built from scratch, so balconies can be added and that resort could be an independent resort from CBR. It doesn't look like balconies are a feature on the CSR building.
    Good to know - I couldn't wrap my head around the moderate part.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs

We always visit CS when in WDW even tho,we've only stayed there once. It's very peaceful, has great nature watching, and is big enough not to feel crowded. While new construction might change all that, I wld still prefer to be there over CB.

Quote Originally Posted by DVCNews View Post

Last week, Disney announced plans to enhance two Moderate resorts at Walt Disney World: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Early details were provided regarding guest room additions, dining and amenities. Absent from the announcement was any mention of Disney Vacation Club, although DVC is likely part of one or both projects.

Topic: Would you rather see DVC villas added to Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

View complete article

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cbr

CBR has always been one of our favorite resorts and would love to have a DVC facility there. Love the theme and atmosphere. And with gondola access! Too much fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd be happy with either resort but if the gondola system rumor is true, I vote for CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Like some others here, Caribbean Beach was my first ever WDW Resort back in 1991. So it will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Also like some others here, I currently prefer Coronado Springs thanks to some subtle differences. But the rumored Gondola system could sway me back the other way.

I really am excited about this development.
    If CBR goes DVC & the Gondola becomes a reality, I'll be staying there very soon after it becomes available.
    *JEFF*

RECENT/FUTURE DISNEY VACATIONS

AULANI - June 1-5, 2017 *celebrating 50th*
    (+4 nights on Big Island)
    DLR - July 1-4, 2017 (Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel)
    WDW - Sept 14-24, 2017 (Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)