Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Disney 1Q Earnings; Pandora Opening

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney 1Q Earnings; Pandora Opening

Earlier this week The Walt Disney Company issued its earnings report for the first quarter of fiscal 2017. Included in the disclosure were opening details for several highly-anticipated theme park additions.

Pandora - The World of Avatar concept art

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up about the Rivers of Light starting up. We will be there the end of March and early April. So I added a FP+ for Rivers of Light. Only one show time was available to book, which starts at 8:45 PM.

I am looking forward to seeing Pandora. We will be back to WDW in December. All the kinks should be worked out by then.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/17 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary
    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about the Rivers of Light starting up. We will be there the end of March and early April. So I added a FP+ for Rivers of Light. Only one show time was available to book, which starts at 8:45 PM.

I am looking forward to seeing Pandora. We will be back to WDW in December. All the kinks should be worked out by then.
    Yeah, this just threw off my plans for my little mini-trip for the Dark Side Half. I had been planning on MK/Wishes for the afternoon/evening after the race, but it looks like I'll be doing DAK/RoL instead. Fortunately, FP+ hasn't opened up yet for that trip.

Unless we do another Commando Run like this, I don't expect us to get back to WDW until January 2019.

[WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me45, wife45, daughter18, son16, son12]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazrak View Post
    Yeah, this just threw off my plans for my little mini-trip for the Dark Side Half. I had been planning on MK/Wishes for the afternoon/evening after the race, but it looks like I'll be doing DAK/RoL instead. Fortunately, FP+ hasn't opened up yet for that trip.

Unless we do another Commando Run like this, I don't expect us to get back to WDW until January 2019.
    Such a tough choice to make now that Wishes is going away in May.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ensusieasm View Post
    Such a tough choice to make now that Wishes is going away in May.
    Much as I like Wishes, I've seen enough of the fireworks shows that I'm willing to trade it for something new. (And Illuminations on my other night there is non-negotiable.)

[WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me45, wife45, daughter18, son16, son12]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazrak View Post
    I've seen enough of the fireworks shows that I'm willing to trade it for something new. (And Illuminations on my other night there is non-negotiable.)
    HaHa......I feel the same way.
    A WDW vacation without seeing Illuminations is completely unacceptable.
    *JEFF*

UPCOMING DISNEY VACATIONS

DLR - 90 miles away, every few months
    AULANI - June 2017 (8 nts w/ Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 2017 (10 nts - Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worldfanatic View Post
    HaHa......I feel the same way.
    A WDW vacation without seeing Illuminations is completely unacceptable.

Agreed. I love Wishes and I'm disappointed I wont get to see it one last time, but I'm ready for something new. But if/when Illuminations ever goes away, i will be devastated , I have so many find memories associated with it.

Post Thanks / Like

And it only took them 6 years! I think they must be using the same construction crew building the highway by my house.