Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 6 Reasons to Love Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6 Reasons to Love Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

All of the participants in the Disney Vacation Club are amazing resorts with plenty of positives. None of them offers the pure showiness of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, though. These twin resorts, Kidani Village and Jambo House, provide a singularly unique visitor experience.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great article! On our next trip, we're taking our DGDs (oh-and their parents, too) and we're planning on staying at AKV, but haven't decided between Kidani and Jambo. I'll be forwarding this article to them to help decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely article about one of my favorite resorts. I have to admit that I was surprised to hear how Kidani Village was a noisier resort. Especially since there is so much noise occurring each evening in the lobby at Jambo. All the noise from Boma filters into the lobby and add in the hundreds of guests roaming around and the kids beating on drums (one of the activities available for children) it makes me want to avoid Jambo's Lobby most evenings.

And the comments on the pool at Jambo House had me thinking that all of Disney's pools are dominated by children. Hmmm, maybe I will use the shower poolside after swimming before going to the room.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Surprising our DD 13 with a Disney Cruise, Wonder 2/12, and then 3 days at AKL Club Level for her birthday. Great article! Can't wait to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jambo vs. Kidani bathrooms

One of the reasons I prefer Kidani is the bathrooms situation. In every 1,2,3 BR unit, you get an additional bath. Two bathrooms in a one bedroom unit makes all the difference for my family of 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kidani vs Jambo

I, too, was surprised that the author described Jambo as the quieter resort--- I've stayed several times at both resorts and I'd describe Kidani as the 'quiet' resort -- the cozy, intimate lobby and lovely seating area off the lobby with a fireplace. It just has a smaller feel-- even though it's very spread out (and if you have a room at the end of a hallway it'll seem like the walk to the lobby will never end. And I enjoy walking....) In comparison, Jambo has a large (beautiful!) lobby that's a hub of activity -- Kidani seems like the offshoot of Jambo (in a good way).
    The pool at Kidani is one of my favourites at any DVC resort - nice and private and with a great kids' water play area. The pool at Jambo is surrounded by rooms and balconies and restaurants.
    If you have a vehicle I'd say Kidani is preferable since there is a very easy to navigate underground parking garage so you can park very close to your room.
    I also think the savanna view is superior at Kidani vs Jambo.
    One drawback of Kidani is the lack of a quick serve dining option (though I've read they've added a quick serve breakfast at Sanaa).

Post Thanks / Like

I would also say that Kidani is the quieter resort. Having stayed there several times, I have never encountered the groups of people, or noise and activity level of what you get in the lobby area of Jambo House. Not that I mind it - it's lively and fun. But the quiet resort is Kidani, in my opinion.

There is a lot going on at Jambo - many of the kid activities are held there, the two restaurants that families are more likely to go to are there, as is the larger pool.
    Last edited by Dvcismyhappyplace; 01-30-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your feedback, everyone. I always find these discussions fascinating since they display such a diversity of opinion.

My wife and I weren't able to have children, so we always evaluate these situations as a childless couple in our 40s. I happen to love children (I'm an uncle of eight and have been an uncle since I was 10 years old), but I can't evaluate hotels like a parent the way that many of you can.

Personally, I find the lobby of Jambo House to be the most relaxing spot on the Walt Disney World campus. I've fallen asleep on the sofas there on multiple occasions. That place is the incarnation of serenity to me. It's Wilderness Lodge++, the same concept only evolved and better. At Kidani, the laughter of children is ubiquitous, which is a huge positive and something distinctive about every Disney vacation. It's just not very quiet in my experience.

The next time I'm there (which probably won't be for a couple of years since our next booked resorts are BLT, BWV, BCV, and Poly and then we're going to Tokyo DisneySea next year), I'll pay more attention to crowd noise based on your comments. As with a lot of things at Disney, chaos theory is in play. The same spot at both resorts can play out so differently at any time of the day or not. I'm generally in lobbies and on hotel grounds in the afternoon between park visits as opposed to earlier in the day or after dinner. We are rope droppers who spend most of our time at parks. We actually have five breakfasts booked for our next 10-day trip in April. We're early starters on vacation.

When we eat at Boma (all glory to the Zebra Dome!), we generally don't do anything but head straight for the restaurant when the ADR triggers. I wonder if our experiences would line up more if I spent more time in the lobby in the morning or around dinner time. When are you most likely to spend time in the lobbies and on hotel grounds?