Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Plans Filed for Caribbean Beach Construction

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Plans Filed for Caribbean Beach Construction

    Plans have been filed to begin work at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. While the full extent of these modifications is unclear, the resort has been linked to Disney Vacation Club rumors in recent years.



    Primary construction zone at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

    View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

  2. Likes joefrat liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    15,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very interesting, these plans are definitely something to keep an eye on.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:


    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Exit 67
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Knew it was only a matter of time.

    Disney will continue to add resorts up until OKW ages out and they Re-Cycle that resort. From then on they'll just refurb/rebuild all the existing resorts and sell them over and over .....

    ...........................till infinity and beyond
    Last edited by KNWVIKING 2.0; 01-18-2017 at 04:13 PM.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default DVC Assumed

    Is there some new evidence in these filings that this is actually going to be a DVC resort or is that just an assumption?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrat View Post
    Is there some new evidence in these filings that this is actually going to be a DVC resort or is that just an assumption?
    What are the chances that Disney is planning on expanding the Caribbean Beach Resort by adding more moderate level hotel rooms to its inventory?

    When you list all the possibilities of what this property could be, the only one that makes sense is for it to be a new DVC resort.






  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrat View Post
    Is there some new evidence in these filings that this is actually going to be a DVC resort or is that just an assumption?
    No evidence whatsoever.

    But an awful lot of signs are pointing that direction. My own sources indicated the location was under consideration for DVC for several years now and others have reported similar rumors. We know they're running out of existing Deluxe resorts to add DVC. Disney hasn't really given any indication that it planned to pursue new hotel construction--although that cannot be ruled out entirely. Art of Animation opened nearly 5 years ago, and they've actually been shrinking the hotel inventory via DVC conversions at Poly and Wilderness Lodge.

    Bottom line: Until Disney identifies exactly what's going on here, I think it's worth following as a potential DVC destination.

  8. Thanks jebenford thanked for this post
  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Exit 67
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    and they've actually been shrinking the hotel inventory via DVC conversions at Poly and Wilderness Lodge
    They took a huge junk of AKL.

    They razed the North Wing and built BLT.

    Tore down Fairway Villas and built SSR.

    Totally absorbed the Tree Houses.

    I can easily see DVC taking over parts of CBR, CS and Riverside and possibly Orleans in its entirety.

    IMO, only reason Art of Anima was built was due to the Nickalodean property and the fact that some of the infrastructure was already complete and abandoned when the Poop Centeries were ended.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope it is DVC. Last decade of WDW DVC has essentially been AKV Kidani (opened 2009), THV (opened 2009) and MK area (BLT 2009, VGF, PVB, and this year CCV). Something closer to Epcot with it's rumored changes and DHS with it's changes will provide some refreshed options.

    I realize many hotel guests may be unhappy, but from Disney perspective, DVC is essentially an insurance policy against tough economic times. During boom times, hotel rooms have lots of demand so they discount less. Fewer rooms means they raise prices faster. During tough times, Disney discounts heavily (buy 4 get 3 free, 40% off room rate, ...). Basically profits fluctuate heavily for hotel rooms based on the economy. DVC generates revenue at the sale and paying dues each year. If someone walks away during a crash, Disney has already been paid a nice amount (even on the mortgages).

    I continue to be impressed with Disney's management learning the tough lessons during the bubble. Kidani, THV, BLT, and VGC all likely approved at the peak of the bubble.

  11. Likes jebenford liked this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    They took a huge junk of AKL.

    They razed the North Wing and built BLT.

    Tore down Fairway Villas and built SSR.

    Totally absorbed the Tree Houses.
    Sure. I was just listing the most recent projects.

    IMO, only reason Art of Anima was built was due to the Nickalodean property and the fact that some of the infrastructure was already complete and abandoned when the Poop Centeries were ended.
    AoA had more to do with the style of accommodation--all suites. Largest growth segment of the hotel market. Disney experimented with converting all star rooms to suites but ultimately decided that getting rid of the Pop2 eyesore while adding to their lower-cost room inventory was the best course of action.

    If CBR is DVC, I'm unclear as to their next move. They could easily demolish more of CBR and continue to add DVC, but need to be careful not to overbuild like SSR.

    There are definitely forces within WDW management that want to keep DVC out of Coronado Springs because it's the only moderate convention resort. PO Riverside is so spread out that it's tough to envision a DVC there.

    First WDW stay for my wife and I was at French Quarter. Sentimentally, it would be neat to see that resort raised to a higher level with the addition of some nice DVC villas. The New Orleans theme could have been even more impressive with a deluxe/DVC size budget.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Exit 67
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    AoA had more to do with the style of accommodation--all suites. Largest growth segment of the hotel market. Disney experimented with converting all star rooms to suites but ultimately decided that getting rid of the Pop2 eyesore while adding to their lower-cost room inventory was the best course of action.

    If CBR is DVC, I'm unclear as to their next move. They could easily demolish more of CBR and continue to add DVC, but need to be careful not to overbuild like SSR.

    There are definitely forces within WDW management that want to keep DVC out of Coronado Springs because it's the only moderate convention resort. PO Riverside is so spread out that it's tough to envision a DVC there.

    First WDW stay for my wife and I was at French Quarter. Sentimentally, it would be neat to see that resort raised to a higher level with the addition of some nice DVC villas. The New Orleans theme could have been even more impressive with a deluxe/DVC size budget.
    Back to AoA, Disney saw the huge success of the Nick resort just off 535 which featured the family suites. All in all it is a good fit, much better than the original Pop intent.

    French Q was our 2nd WDW trip in 1997 when we purchased OKW. It has sentimental value to us as well and we love the theme. Biggest downside is the outside entry to the rooms. I know they did this at SSR, but it would be hard to sell FQ as Deluxe with the buildings configured the way they are.

    Over at Riverside, they have that one section - I believe it's Bayou - that I think would be perfect for DVC takeover, but again we are talking about the outside entrance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •