Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Geyser Point Bar & Grill Open by March

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geyser Point Bar & Grill Open by March

While construction projects are still widespread at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, one new resort amenity may debut sooner than anticipated.

Concept artwork for Geyser Point Bar & Grill (copyright 2016 The Walt Disney Company)

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited about our upcoming trip to Boulder Ridge. I am looking forward to seeing the progress made on the new Copper Creek resort and hearing that the Geyser Point Bar and Grill will be open when we arrive on March 27 is a bonus!

3. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone, Just FYI here: I'm going to be staying at WLV on FEBRUARY 20. I got an email this afternoon letting me know about the construction areas and also letting me know that Geyser Point will be open for us when we are there. I just wanted to update the article which states in the headline a by March opening. (Just curious if anyone else is going even earlier in Feb and has also gotten a letter) It also said that Territory Lounge will be open as well. OTOH, it said that Roaring Folk, and Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed for refurbishment. Really looking forward to trying these places out and I'll let you know how they are if no one has reported back.

Pretty excited about seeing the new stuff and check on the progress of a home resort.

Of course when I got the letter (email), I went straight to DVC News to see any pictures that may be around on this new place. I saw the article and thus wanted to update if needed.

highpoint7

5. Thanks TimK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to reading your comments about the Wilderness Lodge changes. We won't be at Boulder Ridge until the end of March, so you are beating us by about a month.

Someone posted on another site that Disney was constructing some type of cover or awning over the outdoor seating area for Roaring Forks. I don't know if that is true, but that would be another indicator that Disney has no plans to close Roaring Forks once the new Geyser Point Bar and Grill opens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Highpoint7 View Post
    Hey Everyone, Just FYI here: I'm going to be staying at WLV on FEBRUARY 20. I got an email this afternoon letting me know about the construction areas and also letting me know that Geyser Point will be open for us when we are there.
    Thanks Highpoint7!!!

I hope that's a solid estimate on Disney's part. I know they fell several months behind on the restaurant renovations at Vero, but I'm sure Hurricane Matthew played some role in that.

Either way, Roaring Fork won't close until Geyser Point opens so guests shouldn't be impacted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Highpoint7 View Post
    Hey Everyone, Just FYI here: I'm going to be staying at WLV on FEBRUARY 20. I got an email this afternoon letting me know about the construction areas and also letting me know that Geyser Point will be open for us when we are there. I just wanted to update the article which states in the headline a by March opening. (Just curious if anyone else is going even earlier in Feb and has also gotten a letter)

highpoint7
    We are staying beginning February 12 and we received the same email!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying to figure out where we'll spend the first 7 nights of our September trip (we'll finish with 3 at SSR, hopefully Congress Park).
    This restaurant/bar opening along with the probability of the new pool opening this summer is strongly leaning me towards Wilderness Lodge.
    I'm not really concerned if the new villas under construction will be open yet (most likely not), because I love the old Villas Building.

35 days to til "booking day"!!!!!
    *JEFF*

RECENT/FUTURE DISNEY VACATIONS

AULANI - June 1-5, 2017 *celebrating 50th*
    (+4 nights on Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 14-24, 2017 (Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)
    DLR - Superbowl Weekend, 2018 (Grand Calfornian)

10. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That figures. We're staying at Boulder Ridge in early February, and will be checking out just about the time this opens. Story of my life.
    Ed
    DVC Since 2006 -
    Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom, Grand Calfornian, Polynesian