Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Boardwalk. This was once our favorite.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Westville, NJ
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I would love it if they brought the Fun Wheel from CA to the Boardwalk. There is something special about that Ferris Wheel, maybe it is because you swear you are going to a complete 360, which never happens, but the excitement is there. I don't know how they would charge to ride it though as it wouldn't be part of a park.
    They could charge separate like they do with Characters In Flight and the Aqua cars at Disney Springs. - Rob

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So sad to hear the decline of these things. I loved the Boardwalk when Mom and Me stayed there and we are not DVC members(See my intro. thread). The one thing that gets me is the OP was talking about the cuts backs in the lobby. The lobby is usually the first thing a person sees when arriving at a resort and I would think Disney would want to make an awesome impression with that. I don't understand it. I am just a kid(14) and really myself I probably wouldn't have noticed but my Mom definitely would have. Now if they would have changed the pool or the water slide I would notice that. Either way they should be making first impressions of a resort to be great not a downer.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For me the Boardwalk offers the best - Cool lounges, shops and a water view.

    Not a fan of carnival rides . As a kid who grew up a few hours from The Shore - leave the Torture of Abandonment (Ferris wheels), the vomit express (Whip-a-Whirl) and the Horror Show (Clown Motif attractions) elsewhere.

    Janet & Dan


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Exit 67
    Posts
    9,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I would love it if they brought the Fun Wheel from CA to the Boardwalk. There is something special about that Ferris Wheel, maybe it is because you swear you are going to a complete 360, which never happens, but the excitement is there. I don't know how they would charge to ride it though as it wouldn't be part of a park.
    Never going to happen.

    Disney is all about sight lines and hiding the back stage area.

    You put the Fun Wheel out on the Boardwalk and when you get to the top you'll see first hand everything you see on Google Maps Satellite view.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    15,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    Never going to happen.

    Disney is all about sight lines and hiding the back stage area.

    You put the Fun Wheel out on the Boardwalk and when you get to the top you'll see first hand everything you see on Google Maps Satellite view.
    That is definitely going to change with the gondola system. A lot of the back stage area of the World Showcase will be in full view of the guests in gondolas going to Epcot.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:


    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    That is definitely going to change with the gondola system. A lot of the back stage area of the World Showcase will be in full view of the guests in gondolas going to Epcot.
    I've been wondering about that Denise. Trying to picture it in my head, no idea how it wont look like an eye sore.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Exit 67
    Posts
    9,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Disney is the master of hiding things.

    I doubt the Gondolas are going to be very high off the ground - maybe 50 ft.

    I don't know where the landing zones are going to be, but looking at satellite views of the area, I don't think it would be too difficult to add a few berms and plant some thick & dense landscape.

    I remeber when they first started letting people go behind Main Street and come out by Tomorrowland...... what a smelly, earsore of a trip that was. Today, you wouldn't have any idea what you're walking next to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •