Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Free Member Park Events in 2017; Epcot Added

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Member Park Events in 2017; Epcot Added

Disney Vacation Club has a new name for its complimentary theme park evenings. They're now called Moonlight Magic, and in 2017 they'll expand to five Disney parks including Epcot.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

That is very good advance notification for these Moonlight events. We will actually be at WDW for the Moonlight Magic at Epcot, December 4 & 11. Our AP expires December 7, so it is sounding like it will be a perfect time to check out this offer. The only problem I see that Epcot is our least favorite park. And would they keep open the WS for this event or would only half of the park, Future World (or less if not all attractions are open) be available? I guess we will find out the details later.
    Last edited by denlo; 01-04-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

This is actually great for a lot of people, since they can now plan trips around these perks, which is the biggest issue I've had with DVC events like these!

Sadly, our normal WDW trip over our anniversary weekend (9/10) isn't happening this year so we can go earlier and do the half-marathon in April. So I'm going to miss out anyway, unless I can convince the wife to cut the April trip short. We actually don't have our return airfare booked yet, so there's options.
    100 Points at VGF, 60 Points at SSR (April)

Post Thanks / Like

We were very lucky last year to attend the bonus nights at both Animal Kingdom & California Adventure.
    Great fun!
    We just missed that luck this year.
    Unfortunately we're arriving at WDW the day after the 2nd Animal Kingdom event on 9/13.
    Oh well.....maybe next time.
    But I'm very hopeful we'll be able to attend the Disneyland event in November seeing as we only live 95 miles away.
    And I'm especially happy they're giving us such a long lead time.
    Makes planning easier.
    *JEFF*

RECENT/FUTURE DISNEY VACATIONS

AULANI - June 1-5, 2017 *celebrating 50th*
    (+4 nights on Big Island)
    DLR - July 1-4, 2017 (Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel)
    WDW - Sept 14-24, 2017 (Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, drats, the AK one is on my arrival night, got plans already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    That is very good advance notification for these Moonlight events. We will actually be at WDW for the Moonlight Magic at Epcot, December 4 & 11. Our AP expires December 7, so it is sounding like it will be a perfect time to check out this offer. The only problem I see that Epcot is our least favorite park. And would they keep open the WS for this event or would only half of the park, Future World (or less if not all attractions are open) be available? I guess we will find out the details later.
    With 56 days to go until our next trip (still in our 2016 UY), we just booked our 2017 trip for 5-14 Dec 17. We're registered for the DVC after-hours event, in the MK, for 3 Mar as well as paying for another one on 9 Mar (DW's birthday!). Our AP normally expires 2 Dec but we took advantage of the 13 month renewal so our APs are good for both trips. We will plan to attend this event on 11 Dec and eagerly await the details.
    'Por Favor Mantengase Alejado de las Puertas'

Post Thanks / Like

The Epcot December dates will fit in nicely with our December reservations.
    Last year they listed the Merry Member Mixer as the December DVC event but this is a whole different ball game!

We were signed up for the AK DVC event last year but didn't end up going because of the torrential rains that evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Last year they listed the Merry Member Mixer as the December DVC event but this is a whole different ball game!
    I suspect they will still hold the Merry Member Mixers since they are two totally different type of events.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like