Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Key West Refurb Delayed

Post Thanks / Like

As an early adopter of OKW I hated the last 'refurb', most particularly the awful drop down curtains instead of venetian blinds (not least because it made it very difficult to adjust the light level anything between very bright and very dark which completely ruined the resort for my visually impaired husband). Not a fan of noisy wooden floor either. Having said that I agree it needs updating etc. Don't like the sound of a pedestal bath, they have always seemed gimmicky to me. Would certainly miss a jacuzzi and although the actual jacuzzis were better in places like AKL it was nice to be able to share one with my husband.

Fingers crossed for a good refurb!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a minor thing but I'd like to see the coffee pots updated to a pod type of appliance.
    DVC owners at VGC and OKW since 1/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CFRivera View Post
    Just a minor thing but I'd like to see the coffee pots updated to a pod type of appliance.
    I'm surprised The Mouse isn't already selling Mouse House Brew K-cups.

They should also market a Disney Kuerig Machine to go with all their other Kitchen gizmos.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see at least one comfortable seat/chair for a large person with bad knees (one that you don't sink into), like the one they took away and replaced with the big brown lump. ( I understand it provides another bed).

I also agree about the shades to the patio/porch, maybe just one on the door for noise, but bring back the blinds on the windows.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that they didn't go with K-Cups because they would lose a lot of them to people taking them home (after either robbing the housekeeping cart or begging for more from the Housekeeper).

And the "alligator" finish coffee table is ugly. They could have left them just as they were. I'd like to see a sleeper sofa that you can actually sit on and sit on comfortably. The current fabric is either too scratchy or just plain ugly, too. And no loose cushions on the back. Attach them, please. Striped canvas in blues and greens for fabric. Refinish the dining room table and bedroom furniture. No blacks or dark finish. White, floral, light pastels. Make it look like Key West, not the neighborhood Hampton Inn.

Shiplap or bead board for accents in the bathrooms.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like these coffeemakers often have problems that they need special cleaning when coffee grounds end up in the coffee cup. And the desalination process is more time consuming than running vinegar through the coffeemaker.

I can see why DVC sticks to the simple Mr. Coffees.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/16 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    It sounds like these coffeemakers often have problems that they need special cleaning when coffee grounds end up in the coffee cup. And the desalination process is more time consuming than running vinegar through the coffeemaker.

I can see why DVC sticks to the simple Mr. Coffees.
    I disagree.

Descaling a Keurig is very easy and I've never had an issue with grounds in my cup.

Best Western is using K-cups in the lobby & rooms.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keurig vs Mr. Coffee

We usually have 4 to 6 adults when we're at OKW. I find it much easier to make a full pot of coffee than to play with the Keurig pods. Since most of us dislike the coffee provided and love Dunkin' Donuts, it's much easier to bring our own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWLOVER View Post
    We usually have 4 to 6 adults when we're at OKW. I find it much easier to make a full pot of coffee than to play with the Keurig pods. Since most of us dislike the coffee provided and love Dunkin' Donuts, it's much easier to bring our own.
    Last year we happened to find the closest Dunkin Donuts to OKW. Since we no longer live in DD territory, but really miss their coffee and donuts it was thrilling.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dunkin' Donuts Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    Last year we happened to find the closest Dunkin Donuts to OKW. Since we no longer live in DD territory, but really miss their coffee and donuts it was thrilling.
    Have you tried ordering through Staples or Target? They both carry DD and deliver. Sorry I can't help with the donuts though. 😄