Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Extra annual passes???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Extra annual passes???

Has anyone tried to buy extra annual passes? We have some extra cash and want to take advantage of the 13 month offer. We already have passes for this year which won't be activated until March. We would like to get another set of passes for ourselves for 2018 but aren't sure if the system can handle it. I'm afraid MDE will try to assign them to our March guests who will be using tickets, not passes. I spoke to two Disney CM's who weren't able to answer my question.
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

We bought the AP voucher and sat on them for months until our trip. To book FP+ we were able to link the voucher without activating them.

I think all you'll be doing is purchasing "no expire" vouchers that you can just bank till you need them.

Question: I know a typical AP voucher never expires, the clock starts ticking when I activate them Will this special 13 month AP act the same way or will it need to be activated by a certain date in order to get the 13 months?

Post Thanks / Like

I read that the new 13 month (which the offer is expiring today, I think) has a requirement that the voucher be activated within 18 months. And they are not selling them open ended.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We're getting conflicting information. I bought 2 Gold passes online in Nov so they're the 13 month ones; they're linked to MDE with an "expiration date" of 12/31/2030 since they're not activated yet.

I had to call Member Services to get another pair of passes so they wouldn't have to be assigned to anyone. The CM did mention that they are good for 13 months of usage, but they have to be activated within 18 months. So I'm going to have to contact someone to see what's going on ... Not to mention that when I got the passes through MS, I didn't even get a confirmation email, so all I have is the confirmation number (that I wrote on the calendar so I wouldn't lose it) and the assurance from the CM that the passes are "in the system". I miss the old exchange vouchers - I liked having that hard plastic to put my hands on.
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LGM59 View Post
    We're getting conflicting information. I bought 2 Gold passes online in Nov so they're the 13 month ones; they're linked to MDE with an "expiration date" of 12/31/2030 since they're not activated yet.

I had to call Member Services to get another pair of passes so they wouldn't have to be assigned to anyone. The CM did mention that they are good for 13 months of usage, but they have to be activated within 18 months. So I'm going to have to contact someone to see what's going on ... Not to mention that when I got the passes through MS, I didn't even get a confirmation email, so all I have is the confirmation number (that I wrote on the calendar so I wouldn't lose it) and the assurance from the CM that the passes are "in the system". I miss the old exchange vouchers - I liked having that hard plastic to put my hands on.
    Let us know what you find out.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Let us know what you find out.
    Will do. Once I figure out who I need to contact ...
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the vouchers are good indefinitely but to get the extra month they have to be activated within 18 months?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Maybe the vouchers are good indefinitely but to get the extra month they have to be activated within 18 months?
    That seems reasonable to me, I guess they will find out eventually. I would hate to be the cast member that gets them when they want to activate the APs a couple of years from now. The guest knows they are taking a chance now but in two years it will be Disney's fault.
    --Denise