Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: New Year's Resolution

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: New Year's Resolution

Most owners have a list of their Disney (and DVC) favorites: favorite resort, favorite view, favorite theme park, etc. But the new year brings an opportunity for change. The arrival of 2017 presents an opportunity to sample a new resort or visit during a different time of year or try a different restaurant.

Topic: What are your DVC (or Disney) resolutions for 2017?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the resorts.

Dial WAY back on park expense.

Lose enough weight to get more than 12 feet in the air behind one of Sammy's Parasailing boats.

Post Thanks / Like

No WDW trips planned for 2017.

With a Sept UY, need to bank 2017 points into 2018 UY to support planned mid-2019 to 2020 AP Year (TSL, SWL, Pandora). 6 trips/30 days currently planned.

Will be taking a trip to and staying on-site at US instead this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Year's Resolutions

We will be using our DVC points for the VB and HH only. We actually started in 2016 giving the parks a much needed break. The enormous crowds even in the supposedly slow times, and constant construction just did us in after all these years! Even with us supplying the room/villa, the ticket prices preclude most of our family and friends from coming along with us to visit the world......so the beach it is in 2017!! We have a nice beach cottage reserved in Vero with all our siblings joining us!!! I will look forward to another WDW trip maybe in 2018 when construction ends and there is new stuff to enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

We will be enjoying our 40th wedding anniversary in May with our first ever trip to Hawaii. The first week will be split between Kauai and Maui, with a quick hop to the Big Island, but our second week will be at Aulani enjoying as much of the resort and Oahu as we can. We also have some nights booked in early November at our home resort BLT and while that isn't anything new, we are looking forward to (hopefully) a successful opening of both AvatarLand and (finally?) Rivers of Light before we get there.

Post Thanks / Like

Figure out how to get more points!!! Not likely, but one can hope ...

Also, lose weight so we can do more walking and less sitting in the parks. We haven't burned out on the parks yet - are excitedly looking forward to taking DS and his GF (23 and 21) to the World in March for their spring break. Beach Club. Where we don't want to look like Beached Whales. And then a Magic Kingdom view BLT studio for our 35th anniversary in July - first time big splurge with the points ...

Trying the California Grill's brunch for our anniversary - way too much food, but we've heard such good things about it.

Spending more time smelling the roses - that will be a tough one with DH trying to max out rides each day ...

Spending more time exploring our resorts. We've gotten better about that in recent years but could do more ...
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

Get in shape for the WDW Wedding & honeymoon!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I failed at last years resolution to not borrow points from this years allotment so my new resolution is .... drum roll .... not to borrow points from this coming years allotment

I'm serious - if I could just accumulated enough points than we'd finally be able to try out a value Jambo 1 br but I'm not gonna do that until I least have a full allotment of points to play.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Year Resolution

Finally, finally and yet again finally......see Rivers of Light!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueslegend View Post
    Finally, finally and yet again finally......see Rivers of Light!
    I really hope so we are dining at Tiffins on our anniversary in early April and are hoping that the Rivers of Light is operating by then.

My goal in 2017 is to do more tours. Two in 2017 are the Star Wars Guided tour that is just now being set up. They only booked the first two weeks and it started last night. And we are considering doing the Wild Animal Trek. We might need pixie dust for both.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge