Thread: Bay Lake Tower 8540

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bay Lake Tower 8540

Resort. Bay Lake Tower
    Rm #8540 15th floor
    Rm size Grand Villa (2 floors)
    Rm booking- Standard Lake view
    HA- No
    View- the view is of the marina and boat dock at the Contemporary. Because it is the 15th floor, we have a full view of Bay Lake and we can see Epcot in the distance. The grandkids loved watching the monorail go inside the Contemporary.

IMG_2690.jpg IMG_2694.jpg
    Last edited by drcoulsey; 01-02-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Linda for your comments and photos. We didn't even have this room in the RoomFinder database. In June we stayed in a studio 7944, while my niece and her family and my DB and DSIL all stayed in a dedicated 2BR in 7940, which had a modified view like yours since we were only on the 9th floor. We loved it. DH and I could watch the monorails all day long.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I loved watching the monorail going into the Contemporary, too, Denise.
    Being on the 15th floor and above the tree line, we could also see the new cabins that are being built at Wilderness Lodge.
    Even though I am not a big fan of the Contemporary theme, I did love the open floor plan in this grand Villa.

Post Thanks / Like

The rooms at BLT are very livable. We have had four different families join us at BLT and all have loved their 2BRs.

I even think the studio is perfect for a couple, and maybe for a family with very young children. But for anyone else the studio at BLT is just too small. I do love the kitchenette at BLT. So much storage space. I keep thinking they should have designed it with the kitchen open and just facing the bedroom/living room area. So that the side where the sink and pantry are would be butt up against the bathroom wall. And then reverse the couch and the bed and you would have another two feet of space in that room. Maybe when the big remodel is done in 14 years they could redesign the studios.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge