Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Closing Jan 25th on Grand California

Post Thanks / Like

Default Closing Jan 25th on Grand California

It looks like our projected closing date will be January 25th for the Grand California. We really only go to Disneyland since we live in Alaska so it make sense to for this to be our home resort. We have a trip planned for October 4th-9th next year and I am wondering if we will even be able to use our points to stay at the property? Is there anyway I can check to see if there are rooms available without my membership? We will have 320 points to use but it's just my husband and I so I cant justify getting anything bigger than a 1 bedroom. We have never stayed at the Grand so I really want to be able to stay there during this trip if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you can book before the seven month window opens (which would be March 4, 2017, for your travel dates), you should be OK. After the Labor Day weekend, September and October are still available except for October 2 (don't know why that one day is not available).

Keep in mind that if you are closing on January 25, it will still be a few weeks before you will be able to book a DVC stay using points. I haven't kept track with how long it takes before new resale members get access to the booking system but in the past its been anywhere from two to eight weeks. Someone who recently bought DVC on the resale market might be able to offer you a better estimate.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Home!

I looked around to see if others have reported how long it takes DVC to process once the county has processed the deed and it has been running around 10 business days. I have not been able to find out how long Orange County, CA takes to file deeds.

Columbus Day weekend is very popular at Disneyland and VCG so it will be important that you book as early as possible. You can check back on the DVC Resort Availability thread from time to time to see if your dates are still available. We will gladly check for you.
    Last edited by denlo; 12-27-2016 at 10:54 AM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/17 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary
    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Availability at VGC

I just checked your dates and all of the dates in October are completely open. Of course things can change between now and when you can book your room, but you probably won't have any trouble with getting a one-bedroom.

My wife and I also own at VGC and have found that as long as we're between 11 and 7 months out we rarely have any trouble booking at the VGC. If you have a room request, be sure to get it listed on your reservation when you make it. I always use the on-line system to make reservations and then send an email to Member Services for our room request.

I think you'll love the VGC. Such a lovely resort!

Best regards,

Bill