Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Signature Events

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Signature Events

According to Disney Vacation Club, members love the new Signature Events. Given that they feature exclusive access to Disney theme parks and waterparks along with free refreshments, what's not to love? In 2016 alone, DVC hosted such events at the Magic Kingdom, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney California Adventure and Typhoon Lagoon.

Topic: At which Disney park would you most like to have 3 hours of exclusive access?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Likes corvin2, akvhutch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to attend some of these DVC member events. But like most members, it is the luck of the draw on whether they are offered when you visit. Since most members make their reservations 11 months or 7 months in advance, this is far before any event dates are announced. Locals are able to attend but for most DVC members, it is hit or miss when trying to attend.
    Bill B - Petal, MS
    1967-DL / 1973-WDW / 1980-WDW / 1985-WDW / 1997-WDW (Contemporary) / 2007-WDW (OKW) / 2010-WDW (DVC-OKW) / 2010-WDW (DVC-AKV/BWV) / 2012-WDW (DVC-BLT/VWL) / 2012-DVC Aulani / 2013-WDW (DVC-BCV) / 2014-WDW (DVC-BWV) / 2014-WDW (DVC-BCV;DCL Dream) / 2015-DCL Wonder / 2015-WDW (DVC-BWV/VGF) / 2016-WDW (DVC-BCV;DCL-Magic) / 2016-WDW (DVC-BWV) / 2017-WDW (DVC-BCV;DCL Dream)

4. Likes corvin2, akvhutch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom, but I would like it in the morning.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default More advance notice - Great events! Love them

I have to agree with Saint (first response), we need more advance notice. In 2015, we did an event and it was awesome. Typhoon Lagoon was great, only DVC members was so cool. The kids loved it and so did we. In 2016, we went twice and missed each one of the events. We were either there right before or right after.

We would really like to be at MK or one of the water parks but I would take any because it's such a great event.

can't wait to go again!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an obsessed MK devotee so this is the easiest decision ever for me. The AK even was awesome though.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with both Saints and denlo (above).

These events only benefit locals and the relatively small number of owners who just happen to be on vacation the particular day they are offered.

In the highly unlikely chance I did happen to be in WDW when one of these special events was taking place, I would much rather it be MK in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

How about early one hour access for DVC members for Avatarland within AK? You show your DVC card and you get access an hour early (think just like breakfast at Tusker House). They do this for a solid year once it opens so that all of us get a little "perk". Now this is something we could all feel good about.
    Ron

2008 - Allstar Music, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - AKL, 2011 - WL, 2012 - WL, 2013 - WL, Mar 2014 - BC , Dec 2014 - AKV Kidani, Mar 2015 - VWL, Oct 2015 - PVB, Mar 2016 - VGC, Mar 2017 - VGC

10. Likes denlo liked this post