Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2016 DVC Condo Meeting Recap

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2016 DVC Condo Meeting Recap

Hilton Head storm damage and continuation of signature events are among the highlights of the 2016 Disney Vacation Club Condominium Association Meeting. But DVC also shared many details regarding the forthcoming Copper Creek Villas & Cabins including cabin occupancy and a clear indicator of the villa sizes planned.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

DVC is taking over the south wing of Wilderness Lodge and the endcap of the wing would be an ideal location for the 12-person grand villas. Each endcap currently has four hotel rooms, including two are oversized deluxe rooms, which might give DVD enough square footage to create grand villas.

I'm still wondering if Copper Creek will have concierge club villas. Wilderness Lodge's club level rooms are on the seventh floor and the Old Faithful Lounge is in the south wing. It might be fairly easy to classify the DVC villas on the seventh floor as concierge level.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know DVC was taking over part of Wilderness Lodge. Is this the same as they did at Jambo, where they take some existing rooms and modify them as villas? And since I can't tell north/south, is this left or right as I walk up from the main pool area? Looking from the back, the Villas are on the left-is the south wing that way too? I'm very excited about the thought of villas in the main building.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    I didn't know DVC was taking over part of Wilderness Lodge. Is this the same as they did at Jambo, where they take some existing rooms and modify them as villas? And since I can't tell north/south, is this left or right as I walk up from the main pool area? Looking from the back, the Villas are on the left-is the south wing that way too? I'm very excited about the thought of villas in the main building.
    Yes, much like what DVC did at Jambo House, DVC is converting about half of the existing Wilderness Lodge hotel rooms to DVC villas. DVC is taking over the south wing, which is the wing closest to the existing DVC Boulder Ridge Villas (formally known as the Villas at Wilderness Lodge).

When you are at the Wilderness Lodge's main pool looking back toward the Lodge, the south wing is on the left.

When you are in Wilderness Lodge's lobby, the front desk is on the south side and Whispering Canyon Restaurant is on the north side.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2017!!!!

I am really excited that CCV will be opening in 2017. With 364 Wilderness Lodge hotel rooms being converted into DVC Villas it is good to hear that DVC is going ahead with the full range of villas types for CCV.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/16 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Have occupancy levels at Deluxe Resorts dropped so low that DVC is needed to bail them out?

AKL was a no brainer. The resort was massive and out in the boon docks with no "special" or unique transportation options into a park for guests staying there. DVC was needed due to empty floors.

But then the North Wing at CR, Poly Long Houses converted, now WL and still more rumors about CR South Wing and even Mods like CBR and CS.

Aside from Art of Paintamation, Disney has been reducing cash inventory for a long time now. Is Outside the Bubble really eating their cake?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    Have occupancy levels at Deluxe Resorts dropped so low that DVC is needed to bail them out?
    I think DVC has siphoned a lot of the Deluxe business over the years. People who would have been frequent cash guests at the likes of Contemporary, Beach Club and Polynesian have instead purchased points at BLT, BCV and PVB.

Reducing inventory of cash rooms gives them justification for even higher prices for what's left (or less discounting.) And a hotel conversion is much cheaper than building villas on undeveloped land.

If we look back at the last 25 years, the number of Deluxe hotel rooms + DVC villas is still far greater than deluxe rooms alone before DVC.

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoy the 'hotel' atmosphere, so DVC expansion into the WL hotel portion is something we intend to use hoping the points totals won't be as prohibitive as the Poly's.

Janet & Dan