Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2016 Condo Meeting Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2016 Condo Meeting Today!

The Disney Vacation Club 2016 condominium association meeting will take place Thursday, December 8th at 2pm eastern. Here is how you can follow the proceedings.

Memebers wait for condo meeting to begin

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we dare hope that they will mention something about Copper Creek Villas and Cabins? I know it is a long shot but one can always hope.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/16 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Default Playing Bingo at the Annual Meeting

Here are my guesses as to things that will be mentioned by Ken Potrock or the DVC board members during today's Annual Meeting:

1. The DVC Member Lounge at Epcot will remain open through December 2017;
    2. Pandora (the Land, not the jewelry) will open in 2017 at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park;
    3. New hotels/resorts are being added to the lists of places DVC members can exchange their points;
    4. DVC will show the same photos of the Boulder Ridge Cove and Geyser Point Restaurant that are in the current Disney Files Magazine;
    5. The word 'hurricane' or phrase 'storm damage' will be mentioned only once;
    6. After hours parties in the Parks coming in 2017;
    7. Free movie premiers;
    8. The 20% discount at select restaurants and for merchandize through September 2017;
    9. Pandora (the jewelry, not the Land) and Alex & Ani's DVC 25th anniversary charms and bangles;

If all these items are covered during the meeting, then I'll yell "Bingo!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you Tim

I've been following along... great reporting. Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

It was fun following DVCNews' tweets from the Annual Meeting. Thanks, Tim!

It will be interesting to read Tim's summary article about the meeting (he usually posts the summary two or three days after the meeting).

I was interested about some of the announcements about the new Copper Creek Villas & Cabins. It sounds like Copper Creek will open before the end of 2017.

If the cabins will sleep 8 guests, then this reaffirms my belief that the cabins will be very similar to the Polynesian Bungalows, which also sleep only 8. If you look at photos of the Bungalows and of the Cabins, they look to be the same size with very similar footprints. Although the Cabins won't be the size of the typical DVC Grand Villa, it doesn't mean Copper Creek won't have Grand Villas sleeping 12 guests. There are locations in the Wilderness Lodge wing being taken over by DVC that would be ideal for three-bedroom Grand Villas.

DVC is apparently adding a Community Hall and BBQ pavilion at Wilderness Lodge. The Hall would be a new amenity and a BBQ pavilion would be a major improvement over the little charcoal grill Wilderness had near the beach. Of course, these new amenities might result in increases in dues for the existing Boulder Ridge owners.

Post Thanks / Like

2017!!! 2017!!! Copper Creek Villas and Cabins

I am guessing that means October 2017.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/16 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary