Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney World Implements Package Handling Fees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walt Disney World Implements Package Handling Fees

Having goods shipped from Amazon to your Walt Disney World resort room might seem like an economical way to save but you may have to add a few more dollars to the budget next time.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Can "Disney Prime" be far away?

"Yes.... for just one low low Magical Annual Fee of $99.95 you can Magically avoid the Magical Handling fees * other less wealthy Guests Magically pay to receive an UnMagical Package from Amazon. For a limited time be one of the first 25,000,000 customers to sign up and receive a Magically Magical Limited Edition Fab Five Sticker of your choice""

* Limited to the first 20 packages.

Note: AP, DVC and TiWL discounts do not apply.
    Last edited by KNWVIKING 2.0; 12-08-2016 at 07:57 AM.

3. Likes Bolebrothers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really blame Disney on this one. I know a large number of guests that ship to the resort started doing so because of the increase in fees for checked luggage. Now they ship everything they can think of including snacks, Disney souvenirs for the kiddies, shampoo and other toiletry items. Now groceries via Amazon are shipped too. At $5 per package that could add up since Amazon ships in multiple boxes.

And now United Airlines announced that it will be eliminating the use of overhead bins for Basic Economy Class guests. Or you can upgrade to an economy level that gives you the privilege of using the overhead bin for one bag. So what else will guests be shipping to their WDW Resort?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default You know..

...when I see people picking up microwaves from bell services it's hard for me to fault Disney here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Feenwager View Post
    ...when I see people picking up microwaves from bell services it's hard for me to fault Disney here.
    It is possible they only used a microwave box.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nope

I'm taking actual microwaves delivered from Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

That is crazy.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it is possible, but maybe Disney needs to get a handle on the type of products people are shipping in and figure out a way to rent those items. Disney could offer a menu of items that you would check off when you book your room and when you arrive there is a microwave, blender and Kuerig sitting on the counter.

But I also imagine a lot of the products Amazon are delivering are bottles of your preferred brands of toiletries that are a hassle to bring on an airplane.

With the growing popularity of the grocery delivery services, stroller rentals and even Owners Lockers, it makes me wonder how long it will be before these services get dinged with a handling fee.

Post Thanks / Like

The stroller thing shouldn't cost money as most of them require you to meet the delivery person yourself, which is fine. It would probably be worth it for Disney to take inventory in some way of what's being delivered, though. If it's toiletries like you say, it would make a lot of sense for them to start offering these items in the resort stores.

We do a Garden Grocer delivery every trip and it's the greatest thing. If Disney offered the same service at a competitive price, I'm sure I'd take advantage of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Feenwager View Post
    competitive price
    You just answered your own question.