Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Introduction

We are the Miller family from Columbus, OH. We "pulled the trigger" on a DVC resale the Sunday before Thanksgiving. We have been very impressed with the resale company, DVC Resale Market. Our offer was accepted within minutes of sending it, and the paperwork process has been very straightforward. Unfortunately, Disney discovered that there was an existing reservation on the account which will hold up our closing date for another 6 weeks, but the sellers offered us a $100 credit to offset the inconvenience and we accepted it. We passed ROFR just short of two weeks into the process. We were amazed that it happened so quickly, especially considering there was a holiday thrown into that mix. We will be closing on points at Animal Kingdom sometime at the end of March. We are very excited about this new adventure and cannot wait to use it for the first time next October!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I expect March seems so far away, but you will have years of DVC vacation in your future.

Welcome to the DVC News. I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/17 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary
    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and WELCOME!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I love Animal Kingdom Villas. Have you been to both Jambo and Kidani? If so, which do you prefer? I love the butternut squash soup, as well as the cupcakes and zebra domes, in Mara, which is part of the reason why I like Jambo.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and welcome to DVC! We also own at Animal Kingdom and love the ability to book at either Kidani or Jambo house, as well as being lucky to have DVC rooms on club level at Jambo. Hope you enjoy your years of membership!
    Since 1995 -10 Family trips to Walt Disney World (Min 2 weeks) & 2 visits of 1 Week or less. All off property!
    2 Visits to Disneyland California (2000 & 2010) - 7 Visits to Disneyland Paris (2000,2001,2003,2007,2010,2013,2014,2016)
    4 Night Bahamas Disney Cruise (2011) (2016)- 7 Night Mediterranean Disney Cruise (2013)
    CBR (2007), CSR (2008), POFQ (2009), CBR (2014) - DVC: OKW (2012), VBR (2014), AKV (1BR then Club!) & VWL (2015)AKV-Kidani(Jan2016) (Aug2016)

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick question from the newbies. How difficult is it to book the Club level rooms? Do they usually fill early in the 11 month window? We won't be able to book our October trip until we get the final info from Disney after we close which means it will probably be April. Am I safe to assume that the club level rooms will all be reserved by then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Belle Evangeline View Post
    Just a quick question from the newbies. How difficult is it to book the Club level rooms? Do they usually fill early in the 11 month window? We won't be able to book our October trip until we get the final info from Disney after we close which means it will probably be April. Am I safe to assume that the club level rooms will all be reserved by then?
    There are only 10 rooms in club level, made up of 5 two bedroom lock offs, so at best, 5 Deluxe studios and 5 one bedrooms are available. So availability is very limited and you will need to book at 11 months out.

For us us we managed a 4 night stay at club level as part of a 16 night stay and my recommendation is to use the stay as downtime and make as much use as you can of the facilities, when you get to stay there.

It is a fantastic option, if a little pricey on points! But we loved our stay and we got treated very very well and all the cast members were always brilliant.

other thought is that half the rooms half savannah view and the other is pool view. Unfortunately you can not specify this option and it is luck of the draw as to which you get.

Hope that helps
    Since 1995 -10 Family trips to Walt Disney World (Min 2 weeks) & 2 visits of 1 Week or less. All off property!
    2 Visits to Disneyland California (2000 & 2010) - 7 Visits to Disneyland Paris (2000,2001,2003,2007,2010,2013,2014,2016)
    4 Night Bahamas Disney Cruise (2011) (2016)- 7 Night Mediterranean Disney Cruise (2013)
    CBR (2007), CSR (2008), POFQ (2009), CBR (2014) - DVC: OKW (2012), VBR (2014), AKV (1BR then Club!) & VWL (2015)AKV-Kidani(Jan2016) (Aug2016)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Introduction

Congratulations on your purchase at AKL! It was one of the best decisions my DH and I made when we bought our first DVC back in 2013. I only wish we could have done it years before because we've been going to WDW together since 1982!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosiekay View Post
    The flaw in your idea is that you appear to be suggesting that evolutionary paths have destinations.
    Huh? How does this apply to my introduction?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Belle Evangeline View Post
    Huh? How does this apply to my introduction?
    Sorry about that spammers are clever and slip through checks.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/17 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary
    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort