Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Major Changes & Additions to 2017 Epcot Festival Lineup

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Major Changes & Additions to 2017 Epcot Festival Lineup

    Disney's Epcot theme park is quickly morphing into festival central with new and expanded offerings in 2017.



    View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    14,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another festival, just what we need. I would much rather Disney update attractions and add some new ones in Future World.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

    03/27/17 - 04/05/16 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wonder what impact these pop-up food kiosks have on the bottom line of the sit down restaurants at Epcot. Do the table service restaurants see a decline in traffic because guests can roam around the World Showcase and grab bites to eat at 25+ food kiosks?






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Exit 67
    Posts
    9,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    I wonder what impact these pop-up food kiosks have on the bottom line of the sit down restaurants at Epcot. Do the table service restaurants see a decline in traffic because guests can roam around the World Showcase and grab bites to eat at 25+ food kiosks?
    My guess is the affect is minimal.

    With all the planning tools out today, the restaurants pretty much know what to expect and plan accordingly. People with a ressie at The Basement aren't going to nosh around the world prior to.

    Many people also visit the park (think locals) only because of the Festival Kiosks. They never had any intention of dining in a restaurant.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    I wonder what impact these pop-up food kiosks have on the bottom line of the sit down restaurants at Epcot. Do the table service restaurants see a decline in traffic because guests can roam around the World Showcase and grab bites to eat at 25+ food kiosks?
    Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    My guess is the affect is minimal.

    With all the planning tools out today, the restaurants pretty much know what to expect and plan accordingly. People with a ressie at The Basement aren't going to nosh around the world prior to.

    Many people also visit the park (think locals) only because of the Festival Kiosks. They never had any intention of dining in a restaurant.
    I have to agree with Viking. You know that Disney thought very carefully about this exact question... and everything they do is designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to magically separate us from even more of our cash.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Really enjoy new events!

    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Another festival, just what we need. I would much rather Disney update attractions and add some new ones in Future World.
    My wife and I really enjoy the events at WDW. We have been so much and are getting older so rides don't hold much allure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •