Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annual Dues projections for 2017 published

Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual Dues projections for 2017 published

The "Notice of 2016 Annual Meetings" for each Disney Vacation Club resort--which includes budget figures for the coming year--have been posted online by DVC. Thus far, annual increases range from a miniscule 0.27% for owners of Disney's Vero Beach Resort to a 6.71% increase for owners of Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.

Disney's Old Key West Resort

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Now SSR has cheaper dues than BLT, as dues is 2 cents lower per point.

Once again we didn't get the notice for Aulani. We got the 2017 notices for AKV and BLT on the website under Condo Notices on the dashboard.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Since it wasn't available on the website, I called Member Services and asked for a copy of Aulani's Notice of the 2016 Annual Meeting and 2017 Proposed Budget. MS didn't have a copy of Aulani's Notice or budget, and didn't know why it wasn't available.

At the Cast Member's suggestion, I sent an email to DVC asking for a copy of Aulani's 2017 budget. I should hear back from DVC in a few days.

The same thing happened last year. Aulani's proposed budget for 2016 never showed up on the Member website; in fact, its still not available.

Post Thanks / Like

These WDW dues increases are making me even more sad that we didn't buy VGC when the webcast had it for $87/pt. Risen significantly more in value, DL seems to get upgrades faster, and GC was incredible when all the Christmas decorations were up.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, thanks for posting this. Wonder how much of BLT's increase if personal property taxes again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
    Cool, thanks for posting this. Wonder how much of BLT's increase if personal property taxes again.
    According to BLT's 2016 budget, ad valorem property taxes were set at $1.4621 per point.

Bay Lake Tower's 2017 Budget estimates ad valorem property taxes at $1.6006 per point, an increase of 9.47% over the previous year.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, sad to see Wilderness this high seeing as it has been an undesirable choice to stay for 2 years, but, it is what it is.
    Ron

2008 - Allstar Music, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - AKL, 2011 - WL, 2012 - WL, 2013 - WL, Mar 2014 - BC , Dec 2014 - AKV Kidani, Mar 2015 - VWL, Oct 2015 - PVB, Mar 2016 - VGC, Mar 2017 - VGC

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to seem a bit cynical as a OKW owner. But it's like they are finally spending some money there.
    And the dues took a good jump.
    With what they havent spent there should be money in the capitol reserves to keep the dues from going up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC OR BUST View Post
    I hate to seem a bit cynical as a OKW owner. But it's like they are finally spending some money there.
    And the dues took a good jump.
    With what they havent spent there should be money in the capitol reserves to keep the dues from going up.
    I know that OKW was one of the ones that had a hefty increase in taxes. That could be part of the increase.

The one I can never figure out is BCV. Why does that resort have such small increases when the have a beach and extra large pool, SAB to maintain? I realize they share the expense with two hotels but still. Plus I don't think their taxes had the high increase either.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the delay releasing the HHI dues has something to do with the hurricane damage? Might we see a spike in HHI dues?