Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Boulder Ridge Name Transition Begins

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boulder Ridge Name Transition Begins

The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is no more.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

All these name changes have me screwed up. Whatever happened to Downtown Disney? When we were at WDW last week they all told us there was no such place, but a new place called "Disney Springs". And I'm still calling it Disney MGM, not whatever that new name is. I just don't understand the why on this one. It's right next to Wilderness Lodge, last time we were there you had to go to Wilderness Lodge to eat, even check-in. Can someone tell me the advantage to this change?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    I just don't understand the why on this one. It's right next to Wilderness Lodge, last time we were there you had to go to Wilderness Lodge to eat, even check-in. Can someone tell me the advantage to this change?
    Because there will soon be two separate time share components at the Wilderness Lodge.
    Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    Because there will soon be two separate time share components at the Wilderness Lodge.
    Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

So, we already have VWL and we are getting BRV and CCV

This will be three separate Home Resorts at WL?

So what happens to pool hopping at WL? Three DVC Resorts can hop there but no one else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    So, we already have VWL and we are getting BRV and CCV

This will be three separate Home Resorts at WL?

So what happens to pool hopping at WL? Three DVC Resorts can hop there but no one else?
    The condominium association known as Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge will retain that name for legal purposes. However, henceforth it will be doing business as Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. This is no different than Old Key West, which is still legally known as Disney Vacation Club at Walt Disney World but is doing business as Old Key West.

The Copper Creek Cabins & Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge will be the second DVC resort located at Wilderness Lodge.

There is no third DVC resort at Wilderness Lodge.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be pretty confusing in the near future if DVC had left the name for the original resort as Villas at Wilderness Lodge when Copper Creek Cabins and Villas at Wilderness Lodge start up. Although long time owners will remember the name as VWL the new members will not and they will be here for more years in the future than the owners at VWL.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/16 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, we stopped by Wilderness Lodge to see if there was a ceremony or any other fanfare for the name change from Villas of Wilderness Lodge to Boulder Ridge. Unfortunately, nothing was going on. In fact, none of the signs had been change to show that VWL was now BRV.

Actually, we already knew that nothing was planned by Disney to acknowledge the name change. TimK's contacts in Disney's public relations department said nothing was planned. Also, we stopped by Wilderness Lodge about two weeks ago and talked to Ranger Jack, WL's official greeter, and one of the managers, who said nothing was planned for the 25th regarding the name change. No marching band, no balloons, and definitely no cake. Both Ranger Jack and the manager said that even if something was planned at the last moment, chances are they wouldn't be able to share in any cake -- that would be limited to just the guests.

So we decided to have our own little ceremony to honor the name change to Boulder Ridge Villas. We met up with Ranger Jack and Glen, the manager, and we all shared a Twinkie. Sure, we could have spent $85.00 at Amorette's Patisserie in Disney Springs for a Disney themed cake, but a Twinkie is good enough for a name change ceremony, right? So we ate our Twinkies and talked about the history of DVC, Wilderness Lodge, and the fact that Twinkies used to be made in Orlando several years ago.

A fun time was had by all.

By the way, here are just some of the Disney themed cakes at Amorette's Patisserie:

8. Likes DVCLife liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Yesterday, we stopped by Wilderness Lodge to see if there was a ceremony or any other fanfare for the name change from Villas of Wilderness Lodge to Boulder Ridge. Unfortunately, nothing was going on. In fact, none of the signs had been change to show that VWL was now BRV.

Actually, we already knew that nothing was planned by Disney to acknowledge the name change. TimK's contacts in Disney's public relations department said nothing was planned. Also, we stopped by Wilderness Lodge about two weeks ago and talked to Ranger Jack, WL's official greeter, and one of the managers, who said nothing was planned for the 25th regarding the name change. No marching band, no balloons, and definitely no cake. Both Ranger Jack and the manager said that even if something was planned at the last moment, chances are they wouldn't be able to share in any cake -- that would be limited to just the guests.

So we decided to have our own little ceremony to honor the name change to Boulder Ridge Villas. We met up with Ranger Jack and Glen, the manager, and we all shared a Twinkie. Sure, we could have spent $85.00 at Amorette's Patisserie in Disney Springs for a Disney themed cake, but a Twinkie is good enough for a name change ceremony, right? So we ate our Twinkies and talked about the history of DVC, Wilderness Lodge, and the fact that Twinkies used to be made in Orlando several years ago.

A fun time was had by all.

By the way, here are just some of the Disney themed cakes at Amorette's Patisserie:

Now this was funny. I think the "Twinkie" sums up the level of enthusiasm longtime VWL owners hold for the name change. Personally, I am not concerned what it's called.. Thanks for the laugh!
    Ron

2008 - Allstar Music, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - AKL, 2011 - WL, 2012 - WL, 2013 - WL, Mar 2014 - BC , Dec 2014 - AKV Kidani, Mar 2015 - VWL, Oct 2015 - PVB, Mar 2016 - VGC, Mar 2017 - VGC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rkstocke5609 View Post
    Now this was funny. I think the "Twinkie" sums up the level of enthusiasm longtime VWL owners hold for the name change. Personally, I am not concerned what it's called.. Thanks for the laugh!
    Don't put down Twinkies! Guy bought a box of them for our trip to WDW, so we had Twinkies too. And Denise, just understand that for some of us, it's pretty confusing anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger Jack and Glen were great going along with Wil's joke regarding a cake. We all had a good time. I was surprised that since DVC made and announcement as to the date of name change that they wouldn't bother to have anyone change the name for October 25th. We will be at MK tomorrow for our last full WDW day. Perhaps we can stop by and see if they finally changed the signs at the Villas.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/16 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary