Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vero Beach Refurb, Dining Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vero Beach Refurb, Dining Update

Disney's Vero Beach Resort survived Hurricane Matthew relatively unscathed, but work continues on the extensive refurbishments throughout the property.

Walkway outside former Shutters location

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

The Vero Beach Resort itself looked to be in very good shape despite Hurricane Matthew passing just a few miles east of the shore. However, a lot of the beach sand was washed away by Matthew. A local resident said the even Hurricane Nicole, which was much further out at sea, churned up the Vero surf and attributed to some of the beach erosion.

Soon, we will post photos of what the Vero beach looks now. If anyone has photos of what the Vero beach looked like in the past, please post them so we can make comparisons.

3. Thanks PaulInCT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great News!

Thanks for the update on VB DVC. We will be there in December and looking forward to trying the new restaurant and refurbished rooms. We're happy that Hurricane Matthew mostly spared the resort. I hope the beach erosion is not too bad. I have attached a few photos of the beach from a previous visit in 2007.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulInCT View Post
    Thanks for the update on VB DVC. We will be there in December and looking forward to trying the new restaurant and refurbished rooms. We're happy that Hurricane Matthew mostly spared the resort. I hope the beach erosion is not too bad. I have attached a few photos of the beach from a previous visit in 2007.
    I was trying to find one of our photos that was taken from the same vantage point as yours, PaulInCT, but I couldn't find one. But here is one taken from the rental cabin looking south. Notice the erosion next to the vegetation:

If have booked an Inn room, then you'll get a renovated room. If you have booked a studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom villa, then you should request a villa in Building #15 if you want a renovated room.

How is the Vero Beach weather in December?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this photo is a closer comparison?

I don't know if you remember the water fountain that The Disney resort had on the ramp to the beach, but now it hard to get to for some shorter or less limber guests.

--Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

These were from August 11th and 13th of this year. I noticed the "shelf" looks gone and it looks like the beach could have lost 20 feet or more.

IMG_2757.jpgIMG_2758.jpgIMG_2759.jpgIMG_2776.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

They were telling us they lost about 15 feet of elevated sand.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heading to Vero

We are heading to Vero for the week of Thanksgiving. We will be checking in on the 18. I keep hearing that the restaurants should be opening up around the 15th. Does anyone have any updates. I will post menus from the new restaurant if they are open and have not already been posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tlkscott@yahoo.com View Post
    We are heading to Vero for the week of Thanksgiving. We will be checking in on the 18. I keep hearing that the restaurants should be opening up around the 15th. Does anyone have any updates. I will post menus from the new restaurant if they are open and have not already been posted.
    We were at Vero Beach last month and were told that the new Wind & Waves Grill (replacing the Shutters Restaurant) would have a soft opening on November 13 and then begin taking reservations on November 20. With luck, Vero is still on schedule and will meet those target dates.

Let us know what you find out!