Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVC Gold Annual pass question ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Gold Annual pass question ??

So we purchased re sale before the last set of changes went through . Our friends just got back from a visit where we set them up to rent DVC points and they LOVED it so much they are now looking to purchase . My question is if they purchase resale will they still be able to purchase the GOLD annual pass ?? and is there someplace to find a list of all the perks they will get if any and what they will loose by not buying direct ?? Any info is great guys thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like

Good question.

I don't think they will be able to buy it. Since the gold pass is restricted to DVC members, Disney would want to see a DVC ID in order to purchase. Resale buyers won't have that ID.

They've never provided a concise list of whether each perk is accessible to resale buyers. I've read reports of people without an ID getting into the Top of the World Lounge since the DVC stay info is coded to their magic bands. Pool hopping is not openly policed so that's something which doesn't really require and ID. But just about every other perk requires presentation of that ID card which a resale buyer will not have.

The safest approach is to assume they will have access to none of the member perks. Even if some scattered perks are available today, Disney could close the noose tighter at any time.

Depending upon how many points they wish to purchase, you could advise them to buy some combination of direct and resale. The smallest amount Disney will sell to a new buyer is 50 points. But if they first purchase resale and get into the system, then they could add as few as 25 points direct from Disney. That small add-on would qualify them for all of the member perks.

3. Likes MaryPA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    ....Disney would want to see a DVC ID in order to purchase. Resale buyers won't have that ID.
    So what does a resale buyer, just an ID number but no card? Do they have access to the member website with all rights and privileges or must they call MS to book or modify a stay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    So what does a resale buyer, just an ID number but no card? Do they have access to the member website with all rights and privileges or must they call MS to book or modify a stay?
    When DVC started issuing the new blue ID cards this year, they said that members not eligible for perks would not get a card. (Subsequently there was some talk of resale owners getting a white card which would differentiate them from those who are perk-eligible, but I have never seen such a card. And this white card would serve little practical value since holders are ineligible for perks.)

Resale owners do have ID numbers and full access to the website. The ID is sent with their introductory member packet after the contract is recorded, or can be obtained by calling member administration. They just don't have the blue plastic card, whose only real purpose these days is to demonstrate eligibility for perks & discounts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual pass

I bought my AP online and only had to put my number in. When I activated the pass at Epcot I had to show my ID and a digital copy of my DVC card.

Post Thanks / Like

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...EADS_Final.pdf

In the DVC Membership Extras Acknowledgment and Disclosure Statement, it states
    To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from DVD will not have access to Membership Extras.
    A description of the Benefits in the Program currently available to Purchasers is as follows: Disney Discounts and Special Programs
    WALT DISNEY WORLD ® Resort Attractions: Members and up to three of their guests may purchase daily admission media to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and DisneyQuest® attractions at the Walt Disney World Resort ("WDW Attractions Media") owned and operated by Walt Disney World® Resort, a division of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. (“WDPR”), at a discount off the daily admission prices.

Annual Passes: Members may purchase select WALT DISNEY WORLD® Annual Passes (“WDW Passes”) and Disneyland Annual Passports (“DL Passes”), at a discount off the regular prices and to be used according to the terms and conditions of the WDW Passes or DL Passes purchased, to theme parks and resort attractions owned and operated by WDPR at the Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort.

1. The prices of the WDW Attractions Media, WDW Passes and DL Passes (collectively “Admission Media”) are determined and made available by WDPR, and may be adjusted at any time without notice, in its discretion. Admission Media may have block-out dates, excludes separately priced activities/events, do not include tax, and may not be combined with other discounts that may be available to Members or to renewals of Florida Resident Admission Media or any DL Admission Media. If the Disney Discount Program is changed or cancelled, all valid and unexpired Admission Media will be honored through their expiration date in accordance with their terms.

2. WDW and DL Passes may only be purchased by Members for themselves and their immediate family living in their household, up to a total of eight (8) per year.
    It looks like if you purchase resale after April 4, 2016, you are not eligible for discounts for annual passes at either WDW nor DLRA nor would you be eligible for any discounted tickets if offered.
    Last edited by denlo; 10-20-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    When DVC started issuing the new blue ID cards this year, they said that members not eligible for perks would not get a card. (Subsequently there was some talk of resale owners getting a white card which would differentiate them from those who are perk-eligible, but I have never seen such a card. And this white card would serve little practical value since holders are ineligible for perks.)
    I've seen a few posts on the DISboards from post 4/4/2016 resale members that says they have access to a White Digital ID Card. That White Digital ID card does allow access to the TOTWL since that's not part of the Membership Extras.
    Michael

9. Thanks TimK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chucmin View Post
    I bought my AP online and only had to put my number in. When I activated the pass at Epcot I had to show my ID and a digital copy of my DVC card.
    Presenting the card during redemption is a key part of that transaction. As a member, I can order a discounted voucher online and then give it anyone. But without me there to prove that I'm an owner AND that the person redeeming the voucher is also eligible for the discounted pass, that voucher should not be activated.

Similarly, presentation of the white ID card should not be sufficient to receive the pass.

Disney may even have these resale buyers properly coded so that their membership numbers do not yield the discounts at all. There's no reason to even allow them access to buy the discounted voucher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chucmin View Post

Did they look up your account at all to make sure its valid, or did you just show your card? We signed up for DVC and then changed our minds and cancelled but still have the card. Our account still shows that we are members and is letting us purchase the gold pass online, but I'm not sure what they will require when we go to pick the passes up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bananacat View Post
    Did they look up your account at all to make sure its valid, or did you just show your card? We signed up for DVC and then changed our minds and cancelled but still have the card. Our account still shows that we are members and is letting us purchase the gold pass online, but I'm not sure what they will require when we go to pick the passes up.
    For Annual Passes, they will key in your membership number at either Guest Relations or a Park Ticket Window to verify eligibility. All DVC priced passes (new and renewals) purchased online or by phone are sold in voucher form, so you must stop at a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to activate.
    Michael