Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVC Gold Annual pass question ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bananacat View Post
    Did they look up your account at all to make sure its valid, or did you just show your card? We signed up for DVC and then changed our minds and cancelled but still have the card. Our account still shows that we are members and is letting us purchase the gold pass online, but I'm not sure what they will require when we go to pick the passes up.
    They were behind the window on a computer but I am sure they looked up my account.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bananacat View Post
    Did they look up your account at all to make sure its valid, or did you just show your card? We signed up for DVC and then changed our minds and cancelled but still have the card. Our account still shows that we are members and is letting us purchase the gold pass online, but I'm not sure what they will require when we go to pick the passes up.
    We have activated our AP vouchers at Guest Relations at the theme park and Disney Springs. Plus you can activate the AP voucher at any ticket window at the parks or the TTC. And we have done both of those. Each time they have asked for one DVC card and each of our photo IDs, a driver's license and our MBs. And they type in our member number into the computer to confirm our membership is active. The CM holds onto the DVC card and our ID's while typing into the computer, looking down at them from time to time, which makes me think that they are also confirming the address matches the DVC address on the computer. The worse part it does take longer than I would have expected sometimes as long as 20 minutes. It amazes me how many screens they have to type on.

Regarding the ID's, I understand you need the IDs for any adult when you activate the APs. They need to confirm that the address on the ID matches your home address if they are activating a DVC discounted AP.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    For Annual Passes, they will key in your membership number at either Guest Relations or a Park Ticket Window to verify eligibility. All DVC priced passes (new and renewals) purchased online or by phone are sold in voucher form, so you must stop at a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to activate.
    Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad I bought way back when and never had these problems.I can see how DVC is trying to cut resale owners out little by little.