Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon planning

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, get a studio at PVB, gather your 6 people & a JP (my daughter found a classmate who is doing her ceremony her), toss on the dress, hit the beach in front of the building that begins with an M (Morea?) and pop!!

Book a photo op thru Disney and even if you pay for the 'marrying persons' (what do you call those people?) room along with the Disney Photo session it would probably be less expensive than $2500. By the time security got there you'd be done.

My understanding is the Photo Op is that it can be arranged over a couple of days so you could get your Wedding photos at several places.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    And I'd be willing to bet that the price for the cheap season is still $2500.
    Correct, Ken. Jan-August are $2500 and Sept-Dec are $4500. For the exact same services

Post Thanks / Like

So I thought I'd post the latest with the Disney wedding situation. Simple, I am not getting married there, and you know what? I am actually excited about trying something new. At first I was heartbroken, now I'm like why? I'm saving money. In what would prob have taken Disney weeks to coordinate:

In less than 48 hours, I booked, confirmed and made payment for my wedding on Universal Property! Yes, you read that right Universal! I am getting married at 12pm on the Balcony at the Bice Restaurant at Loews Portofino Bay Resort on 9/15/17. Got music selected, photography booked, hair and make up services for me & maid of honor, got hair booked for the 2 bridesmaids., unity candle service. haven't picked out flowers, but even with flowers, and all of the above I'm still under budget with what Disney was charging BEFORE the price increase. And they can hold 15 people so i was able to invite a coupe of people that live local, that I wasn't able to invite before.

And we're not even going to rush back to WDW, my planner is working with Citywalk see what we as a group can do for a meal afterwards. My 1st pick is Margaritaville, because i am major parrot head My alternate is the new Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. Sounds fun with a group .

And i coordinated all of the above from my laptop, sick in bed with a sinus infection. I'm feeling like Wonder Woman

So take that Disney, lol. I know me not having my little wedding there doesn't mean anything to them, but I have satisfaction in knowing i found an alternative I'm happy with.

4. Likes Howellsacto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Good for you.
    Thanks, Janet & Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Things are moving quickly now! Got someone from the DISBrides (nothing to do with DIS Boards) group I belong to on FB, making me a few Snow White save the dates cards & invites

9. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about all the ups and downs but it sounds like you found something awesome. I only hear good things about Portofino.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeinwdw View Post
    Sorry about all the ups and downs but it sounds like you found something awesome. I only hear good things about Portofino.

Thanks, Mar! Cant wait to see you

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the updates!

I stayed at Portofino Bay for a conference once. Has to be around 10 years ago. Don't remember many details but I was very impressed with the accommodations. Loews is a really good chain--have stayed in several across the country.