Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon planning

Post Thanks / Like

Its starting to feel close! well, closer Under 300 days now, 298 to be exact. Sounds like a lot, but I'm fine with it, more time to save. And I haven't even started looking for a dress yet.

Post Thanks / Like

My sister-in-laws both shopped the sales for bridal gowns as the prices are so expensive. And then a niece tried on every dress in a shop then took me there on a visit to try on her favorite 10 gowns. They were getting married in Jamaica so since we had been there multiple times I had a good idea of the heat. She quickly eliminated many gowns after hearing that.

To get you in the mood here are some photos we took of a videography session between a bride and her father at the PVB Bungalows.

Bride sneaks up on dad as a surprise, it was all staged of course.

--Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Denise! those pics at the Poly are neat

The heat is one reason we want to have a morning ceremony , September in WDW is HOTT!
    Yes, dresses are insanely expensive, thats why I haven't even looked.

298 until the trip, 300 until the wedding

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the standard view VGF studios are totally booked. Luckily, i have enough points to get the Lake view. Crossing my fingers there will still be availability when I try to switch in February.

I had Thanksgiving dinner with my cousins, they are 2 out of the 3 bridesmaids, and they surprised me, they are having matching t-shirts made up for all 6 of us to wear @ f & w fest the day after the wedding

283 days to go

Post Thanks / Like

That is a cute idea.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Default So mad at Disney

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!!!

I am devastated. I've wanted to get married at the Poly,thats been my dream. For those of you unfamiliar w/Disney's weddings, they have 3 collections: Memories-which is no frills you get the location, max 6 people including the bride and groom, 1 hr of photos and 4 hours of limo svc. And its only $2500. So its what we picked, because its perfect for our needs and cheap, and its on the beach at the Poly. the 2nd is the escape collection, starts at $7k. and the 3rd is Wishes collection,which i think start at $20k.

Yesterday Disney announced ''seasonal pricing'' for weddings. My no frills $2500 wedding would now be a $4500 wedding Doesn't come with anything extra, or anything, its a price increase. So needless to say I am NOT getting married at the Poly

After crying my eyes out and then being livid, once i calmed down, i decided my back up plan is the wedding at the swan & dolphin . They use a company called Just Marry, and unlike Disney, they work with you to find something in your budget. I'm emailing them today.
    if you read the whole thing, thank you, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, I really feel for you. All that planning and waiting for the date you can book and they took it away just like that.

I am happy that a good alternative is available for you. Happy planning and hopefully the Swan/Dolphin will let you book earlier so you can get it locked in.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Denise, I have no particular allegiance to S & D but the wedding locations seem ok. Not what I wanted, but its not like Disney actually cares what people want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    Yesterday Disney announced ''seasonal pricing'' for weddings. My no frills $2500 wedding would now be a $4500 wedding
    UFB

Tell me again why we keep feeding the Mouse?

Post Thanks / Like

And I'd be willing to bet that the price for the cheap season is still $2500.