Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon planning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Honeymoon planning

finally, I'm getting hitched

We are arriving 9/13/15, as is the wedding party, which is very, very tiny. 1 maid of honor, two bridesmaids, 1 best man and that is it.
    Right now we are booked for the first week (we're staying for 2 weeks) in a studio @ Kidani and waitlisted for a studio at Jambo in a concierge room. Send major pixie dust, i want that room

We're having a ceremony on the beach at the Poly, that is one of just 3 locations available for my budget WDW wedding. We can't book it until 6 months out but it should be fine . if for some odd reason that site is totally booked that day, the other 2 locations are the GF.

I think 2 of the 3 bridesmaids plan on staying at CR, thats the last i heard, so we'll prob just all get together for drinks the first night. The bachelorette and bachelor parties are the day before (bachelor party will be dull, its only 2 of them lol) I know the girls wants to take me to JellyRolls.
    I don't really have much else thought out yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Good luck getting the concierge room.

We spent part of our honeymoon at WDW. Wasn't very elaborate though--Port Orleans French Quarter in a room with double beds. Lol. Oh, if we only knew Disney back then like we do today.... lol

Post Thanks / Like

Best Wishes to you both!

9/13/15 You got married last year? I assume you mean 2017.

You might want to look for the concierge room online yourself and just start picking up days. As the chances of getting a week on a waitlist for that category is very slim. Or maybe do a second WL for less days and do a split stay.

I cannot believe Disney makes brides wait until 6 months out to book a wedding. That seems strange to me.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I remember my Honeymoon planning list quite well.

It went like this:

1: Show up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Best Wishes to you both!

9/13/15 You got married last year? I assume you mean 2017.

You might want to look for the concierge room online yourself and just start picking up days. As the chances of getting a week on a waitlist for that category is very slim. Or maybe do a second WL for less days and do a split stay.

I cannot believe Disney makes brides wait until 6 months out to book a wedding. That seems strange to me.
    Yes of course i meant 2017, sorry! It depends on the ceremony, Denise. The more elaborate and expensive weddings, you can book a year in advance. We're having a Memories Collection ceremony. No frills. Includes the ceremony location, 1 hour of photos, 3 hours of limo service, music at the ceremony, and thats all.So 6 months is really all thats needed.

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    I remember my Honeymoon planning list quite well.

It went like this:

1: Show up.
    Yeah, Ken, thats Scott's planning also. Not very helpful, but at least i get what i want

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so i got the 2nd week booked. good news, the entire second week was available in a concierge studio, so i booked it I cancelled the waitlist for the first week. don't have the points for 2 weeks in concierge so I'm booked the first week at Kidani savanna view studio, but now that I've got concierge for the 2nd week, i want to change the first week at the 7 month mark.
    So, experts, do you think i have a shot at GF studio or Poly studio at the 7 month mark?

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can easily get a studio at PVB for next September. VGF is a toss up. An entire week is much harder to get than a few nights. Good luck.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Obviously I have 4 months to wait before I can make the switch. Right now they're both available but it's so soon, that doesn't mean anything. I'd prefer GF, but I'd take Poly. I don't want to move more than I have to so which ever has the whole week wins.

Post Thanks / Like

That is so beautiful. Are you having anything afterwards? Guy and I got married on a golf course with no attendants, and our "afterwards" consisted of walking into the bar at the golf course and getting a drink, so believe me, I know not everyone has a "thing" afterwards. Will you have a cake? (No for us on that, either.)

Post Thanks / Like

We are having a ''thing'' after. We're having dinner at Sanaa We knew it had to be a place that has meaning for us. And Sanaa is our #1 restaurant. We may actually do lunch. Depends on what time we're having the ceremony. i still can't book it, and that it making me a bit nuts. if we do the 9am ceremony, we will see if we can get lunch ADR's for party of 6.

11. Likes denlo liked this post