Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon planning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Honeymoon planning

finally, I'm getting hitched

We are arriving 9/13/15, as is the wedding party, which is very, very tiny. 1 maid of honor, two bridesmaids, 1 best man and that is it.
    Right now we are booked for the first week (we're staying for 2 weeks) in a studio @ Kidani and waitlisted for a studio at Jambo in a concierge room. Send major pixie dust, i want that room

We're having a ceremony on the beach at the Poly, that is one of just 3 locations available for my budget WDW wedding. We can't book it until 6 months out but it should be fine . if for some odd reason that site is totally booked that day, the other 2 locations are the GF.

I think 2 of the 3 bridesmaids plan on staying at CR, thats the last i heard, so we'll prob just all get together for drinks the first night. The bachelorette and bachelor parties are the day before (bachelor party will be dull, its only 2 of them lol) I know the girls wants to take me to JellyRolls.
    I don't really have much else thought out yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Good luck getting the concierge room.

We spent part of our honeymoon at WDW. Wasn't very elaborate though--Port Orleans French Quarter in a room with double beds. Lol. Oh, if we only knew Disney back then like we do today.... lol

Post Thanks / Like

Best Wishes to you both!

9/13/15 You got married last year? I assume you mean 2017.

You might want to look for the concierge room online yourself and just start picking up days. As the chances of getting a week on a waitlist for that category is very slim. Or maybe do a second WL for less days and do a split stay.

I cannot believe Disney makes brides wait until 6 months out to book a wedding. That seems strange to me.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I remember my Honeymoon planning list quite well.

It went like this:

1: Show up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Best Wishes to you both!

9/13/15 You got married last year? I assume you mean 2017.

You might want to look for the concierge room online yourself and just start picking up days. As the chances of getting a week on a waitlist for that category is very slim. Or maybe do a second WL for less days and do a split stay.

I cannot believe Disney makes brides wait until 6 months out to book a wedding. That seems strange to me.
    Yes of course i meant 2017, sorry! It depends on the ceremony, Denise. The more elaborate and expensive weddings, you can book a year in advance. We're having a Memories Collection ceremony. No frills. Includes the ceremony location, 1 hour of photos, 3 hours of limo service, music at the ceremony, and thats all.So 6 months is really all thats needed.

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    I remember my Honeymoon planning list quite well.

It went like this:

1: Show up.
    Yeah, Ken, thats Scott's planning also. Not very helpful, but at least i get what i want

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so i got the 2nd week booked. good news, the entire second week was available in a concierge studio, so i booked it I cancelled the waitlist for the first week. don't have the points for 2 weeks in concierge so I'm booked the first week at Kidani savanna view studio, but now that I've got concierge for the 2nd week, i want to change the first week at the 7 month mark.
    So, experts, do you think i have a shot at GF studio or Poly studio at the 7 month mark?

Post Thanks / Like

You will love portofino bay. Very nice resort and rooms. We have to stay on site at portofino or royal pacific when we visit universal after disney world.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    You will love portofino bay. Very nice resort and rooms. We have to stay on site at portofino or royal pacific when we visit universal after disney world.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thanks I wish we were staying there a few nights, but its just not in the budget. Which kills me, because i get killer discounts on Universal tickets, but not enough of a discount on the rooms to make me switch from DVC, which is already paid for.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered my Snow White themed Save the Date cards, and wedding invitations

10. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    I ordered my Snow White themed Save the Date cards, and wedding invitations
    Awesome!!
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!