Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Honeymoon planning

Post Thanks / Like

Things are moving right along. We've ordered flowers, wedding rings, etc. And the invitations are going out tomorro ! Snow White invitations of course.

2. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an update for anyone who may be interested.
    Too make a long story short, we had to make some adjustments to the wedding itself. I'm not going to be going into personal details, sorry. But instead of getting married in FL on 9/15, we're now getting married here on 9/8. Honeymoon still taking place as planned 9/13-9/27. But now no one is coming to FL with us and my local friends, including our very own Mar' wont be able to see me get married.

My experience online this morning was a disaster. 3 hours this morn, including 90 min phone call to dvc ms. I was able to get all the FP+ I wanted without incident, but needed clarification on a few things so I called DVC. i had already customized MB but figured why the heck do we want 6 MB when we could have 2, but of course I could see no easy way to do that on MDE. DVC MS fixed it. Then I asked them a question about AP's and they said even though i have a confirmation email and was able to make Fp for both of us they cant ''see'' that Scott has an AP. Swell, the dreaded sentence ''we'll have to open up a ticket with IT'' and it could take a few days''. then I had an ME question, good I did because the flight #'s both directions were wrong.

They also tried to book the Jiko wine tasting but said it wasn't available.maybe he had no idea what I was talking about? I'm hoping Concierge still sends something out asking if we need help with reservations?

3 hours later once all was said and i done, i wanted to adjust a FP on the MDE app and all my FP were gone i was livid, so i tried to call the direct extension for the MS agent (he gave me his direct ext in case I had any questions) but the phone menu didn't recognize it and the hold time was 30 minutes, there was no way I was going to deal wth this anymore today. so i checked the MDE site (again, not the app) and all the FP are there, but they are still missing from the app.

Remember the days when you just showed up for vacation? those days are gone. This stuff has taken all the fun out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, what a weekend for you, so many changes. I mind is spinning and I can image how your's feels. Am I being optimistic that it sounds like everything is still coming together? And maybe it won't be so bad that you won't be sharing your honeymoon with guests.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    OMG, what a weekend for you, so many changes. I mind is spinning and I can image how your's feels. Am I being optimistic that it sounds like everything is still coming together? And maybe it won't be so bad that you won't be sharing your honeymoon with guests.
    Its still coming together, I'm just bummed that it isn't what I wanted. We had a fun few days planned with our guests and now we have none. And I was looking forward to having the ceremony at Universal's Portofino.

Oh, and somehow the FP are back on the app

Post Thanks / Like

The MDE app is quite disturbing how stuff disappears off of it from time to time. I am glad it is back. And sorry again that you didn't get to plan your wedding as you wanted.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    The MDE app is quite disturbing how stuff disappears off of it from time to time. I am glad it is back. And sorry again that you didn't get to plan your wedding as you wanted.

its ok. Everything happens for a reason they say. only the older i get the less i believe that sometimes.

And in terms of the FP, as long as the MDE website has them I guess its ok, but yeah today that are back on the app. Now to wait and see if scott's AP ever shows up online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    its ok. Everything happens for a reason they say. only the older i get the less i believe that sometimes.

And in terms of the FP, as long as the MDE website has them I guess its ok, but yeah today that are back on the app. Now to wait and see if scott's AP ever shows up online
    IT will get it fixed. They do it all the time.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, for anyone who has been following along with this mess. i have postponed, if not cancelled, the wedding completely
    It's what feels best for me at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Take care.
    --Denise