Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Old Key West Pool Maintenance in Early 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Key West Pool Maintenance in Early 2017

In January and February 2017, one the signature amenities at Disney's Old Key West Resort will not be available to guests.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that someone whose stay there starts at the end of December just got the dreaded letter about the pool closure. I kind of wish I knew for sure since we have a stay there scheduled for early January. I kind of figured that Guy would want the pool since we're going for Marathon weekend and being in water helps the muscles (or so I hear). But he still sees OKW as the most "running-friendly" resort, so he said he'd being a couple straws to make his own jacuzzi, and off we'll go.

Post Thanks / Like

Are there hot tubs at the quiet pools at OKW? Guy could use one of them if need be as only the main pool is being renovated.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/16 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

The jacuzzis at the smaller pools are just fine. I enjoyed both the South Point & Turtle Pond pool/jacuzzis quite a bit earlier this month. They were noticeably more peaceful than the main pool area.
    *JEFF*

UPCOMING/RECENT DISNEY VACATIONS
    DLR - 90 miles away, every few months
    AULANI - June 2017 (8 nts w/ Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 2017 (Resorts TBD)

WDW - OKW + POLY - Sept 2016 (10 nts)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worldfanatic View Post
    The jacuzzis at the smaller pools are just fine. I enjoyed both the South Point & Turtle Pond pool/jacuzzis quite a bit earlier this month. They were noticeably more peaceful than the main pool area.
    So good to know, thanks! I honestly didn't know whether there were jacuzzis at the smaller pools, and neither did Guy when I asked him yesterday.