Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Things We Love About Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7 Things We Love About Bay Lake Tower

When The Walt Disney Company dramatically debuted the finished product of their Florida Project, one of their most impressive engineering feats wasn’t a theme park attraction. Instead, it was an accompanying hotel adjoining the Magic Kingdom, the East Coast’s answer to Disneyland. This majestic facility bore the thematic name of The Contemporary Resort Hotel, and it embodied Walt Disney’s vision for his Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. From the conception of the project, he’d intended for a resplendent hotel to host guests from around the world as they visited E.P.C.O.T.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good article! I love BLT and the Contemporary, and I have to agree with pretty much everything.

However, I did do a double-take at this one quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by DVCNews View Post
    Bay Lake Tower is actually closer to Magic Kingdom than the Contemporary itself.
    Just looking at the map on mapquest.com, I would estimate that the walk from BLT over to the Magic Kingdom is easily 9 or even 10 times longer than the walk across the Skyway Bridge over to the Contemporary tower. Still, the MK is very close and convenient... It is certainly very easy to pop back to BLT during the day for a quick rest and refresh.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that the author probably was simply saying that the BLT is closer to the MK than the Contemporary tower is... I'm a bit slow today.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Other points

We love our BLT membership. A couple of quick mentions: If you take the monorail from the Contemporary, you are headed in the direction of TTC, then Poly and GF stops before arriving at MK. We usually take the walkway. However, if you take the monorail back, you are the first stop, and can leisurely stroll through Contemporary, in lovely air conditioning, before crossing over the bridge. This is nice, when after a long day or evening of walking around MK, the walk back seems so far....(hey, I'm walking on replaced knees at age 65.....it is far. lol
    The other mention is about food. There are bar food offerings in the BLT Lounge, making it a great stop after a park day, as well as for viewing MK fireworks. Nice article. Looking forward to our Dec. visit!

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely adore my beloved BLT! It's more than "just a hotel" to me. When I was a kid and would go to Disneyworld I would always ride through the Contemporary on the monorail and think to myself "SOMEday I'm gonna stay there and see the Castle from my room"! So when I got older I saved up like crazy and spent a week in a Tower room at the Contemporary. That trip alone was wildly expensive but I got to do it. Then when we heard that DVC was definitely making a new resort beside of the Contemporary that was gonna be really tall and have tons of MK view rooms I knew it was finally time for us to join the DVC. I've always been a junkie for the MK so the idea that I can stay within walking distance of it is awesome to me. So we bought in to BLT before it was even started and all they had were just "prototype" rooms over at Saratoga or wherever they were. So now we spend over 20 days a year there and this year alone we will have spent 25 days at Disneyworld. For a MK junkie, specifically, that's a great thing because not only can I walk to it in about 8 or 9 minutes (yes I am a very fast walker) but then when the day is over I can walk right back over to my room and sit down on the balcony and just look at it as I unwind and get ready to wake up and do it all again. So when I say that it's more than "just a hotel" for me I really do mean that. What it actually is is a dream come true for that little kid that's still inside me wishing I could be that close to the MK just ONCE but now I get to be close to it over and over and over. That's why BLT will always be my favorite. It's for sentimental reasons. My wife will readily tell you that BWV is her favorite. She has a right to be wrong. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Great article about my favorite WDW resort. I have to admit that we are addicted to rooms with views and BLT has lots of great views with each view type. But the one I love the best is a Theme Park View during the fall when Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is going on--the fireworks for that party is just fabulous. We find ourselves making sure we are back to the room in time to watch the fireworks each evening.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Great article about my favorite WDW resort. I have to admit that we are addicted to rooms with views and BLT has lots of great views with each view type. But the one I love the best is a Theme Park View during the fall when Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is going on--the fireworks for that party is just fabulous. We find ourselves making sure we are back to the room in time to watch the fireworks each evening.
    I'll tell you a cool trick you can try and see if it works for you. It worked for me. I wasn't gonna get to have a MK view this time and was kinda bummed about it so 2 days before we left I called the Contemporary front desk and asked them to give me "the highest view possible and as close to a MK view as possible" and so when we got there they had upgraded us to a "Lake View" in room 7714 but it had a PERFECT view of the Castle, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain. Then when you looked right you could see the lake and hear all the wildlife while looking on the balcony and it was all COMPLIMENTARY and didn't cost me a single DVC point! I was giddy! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Best part for us was driving thru the tunnel bridge, under the water way, to come out on the other side and see the Contemporary. Previously we'd only the buses had used the road and it made us feel special.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    Best part for us was driving thru the tunnel bridge, under the water way, to come out on the other side and see the Contemporary. Previously we'd only the buses had used the road and it made us feel special.
    I love going under there too because you see the Castle start peaking over the hill as well. It's like an old friend welcoming you back.

Post Thanks / Like

I love it too. I always hoped we would see a ferry going over the water bridge while we went under it and this June it happened and of course I didn't have my camera ready for multiple shots. So here is my one and only shot.

--Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge