Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Height Test Balloons Spotted Near Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Height Test Balloons Spotted Near Caribbean Beach

While work progresses at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, evidence keeps pointing toward a possible fifteenth Disney Vacation Club destination.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I would much rather just have another tower at BLT if it was possible. One thing I'm curious about though is since CBR is a moderate resort do you think the points would be considerably less there?

Post Thanks / Like

Just because Caribbean Beach is traditionally a "Moderate" resort does not necessarily mean this would be a "Moderate" DVC. I would expect the rooms to be all new construction, with square footage and features which mirror prior resorts. Disney may choose to add amenities to the resort itself to raise it status a bit (new restaurant, DVC pool, etc.) But given that it's not adjacent to a theme park, points will not be on par with the likes of Poly or Grand Floridian. Probably closer to SSR/OKW.

Post Thanks / Like

Long overdue to build a new DVC property near Epcot and DHS. BLT, VGF, PVB, and VWLII added millions of points to MK area resorts.
    If they give it the rumored canal to Epcot, it would rival BWV and BCV area.

Didn't DVCNews.com have an article about 3-5 years ago about Disney's plans to reduce hotel rooms in resorts that were not booking up? I thought three hotels mentioned were Poly now PVB, WL now VWLII, and CBR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    Just because Caribbean Beach is traditionally a "Moderate" resort does not necessarily mean this would be a "Moderate" DVC. I would expect the rooms to be all new construction, with square footage and features which mirror prior resorts. Disney may choose to add amenities to the resort itself to raise it status a bit (new restaurant, DVC pool, etc.) But given that it's not adjacent to a theme park, points will not be on par with the likes of Poly or Grand Floridian. Probably closer to SSR/OKW.
    I couple of years ago I listened to a podcast discussing what the future plans might be for DVC. Most of the podcast involved possible plans for DVC to take over the north end of the Caribbean Beach Resort. Supposedly, Disney would raze the existing buildings in Barbados and/or Martinique and construct a new high rise DVC tower.

An intriguing part of the CBR-to-DVC rumor included Disney building a waterway connecting the new resort to Epcot. A new gate would then be built at Epcot situated where the current Africa Outpost is located. Its less than 2,000 feet as the crow flies from CBR's Barbados rooms to the canal near the Africa Outpost.

If boat transportation was offered, then this new DV resort would qualify as a "near Park" resort, similar to Boardwalk Villas or Grand Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if they build a DVC property near a moderate it will still be a deluxe DVC resort.

It would be really nice if it could have a walkway into the World Showcase with another gate north of CBR.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I think if they build a DVC property near a moderate it will still be a deluxe DVC resort.

It would be really nice if it could have a walkway into the World Showcase with another gate north of CBR.
    I wish like crazy they could manage to put a monorail stop in the World Showcase. That way BC and BW and Swan and Dolphin would have pretty easy monorail access. That's just my own personal pipe dream though. I agree that it would be nice to have another resort within walking distance to a park. My wife's favorite resort is BW because you can walk to two parks from there. Nothing can top BLT for me though because of the walk to the MK. I love being able to walk to my favorite park.

Post Thanks / Like

We really like CBR - we find the location very convenient. Stayed there for a week in Feb when we ran out of DVC points. We would like to see a DVC resort there.