Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribbean Beach rumors resurface

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caribbean Beach rumors resurface

With Disney Vacation Club running out of deluxe resorts to redevelop at Walt Disney World, the rumor mill is again circling a Moderate property.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

The new rumor is quite different than the 'old' rumor that was making the rounds a few years ago. With the old rumor, there was talk of Disney demolishing the buildings on the north end of the resort -- Barbados or Martinique, or both -- and constructing a DVC resort in that location. Also, a big part of the old rumor was that Disney would then construct a waterway between the new DVC property and Epcot, thereby permitting guests to take boats or even walk directly to Epcot's World Showcase.

If the new rumor is true that Disney will dedicate land on the south end of the Caribbean Beach, I can't see it building any waterway that could easily connect with Epcot. Actually, Hollywood Studios might be closer to the rumored parcel land than Epcot.

If you look at a map, the rumored parcel of land could be easily result in Disney building a self-contained, stand-alone deluxe DVC resort. Entry to the property could be made via Victory Drive and there would be no need for guests to go through CBR to get to the new DVC resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't the last rumor have CS in their cross hairs?

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad they are planning a "moderate" DVC resort after some "high end" monorail resorts on recent years. Hopefully the per night point for this resort will be more "affordable", around the level like OKW cost per night would be nice.

5. Likes idratherbeinwdw, Stitch_Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I bought DVC I was sold because of the fact that all the properties were DELUXE properties, not based on points per night cost but based on hotel amenities, proximity to parks, an attraction (beach) or downtown Disney (now Disney springs,) room quality and that was as recent as 2011. I'm not a fan of this so called tiered system within DVC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    Didn't the last rumor have CS in their cross hairs?
    There were rumors that Disney would either convert some of the property at Coronado Springs to a DVC resort, or that it would build a standalone DVC resort across the street from Coronado Springs and just north of the Blizzard Beach Water Park. That variation of the CS rumor raised some interesting possibilities, such as the DVC resort guests being able to walk directly from the resort to Blizzard Beach. Also, the rumored parcel of land is separated from Hollywood Studios by World Drive. If Disney built a walking path under or over World Drive, DVC guests might be able to walk directly to Hollywood Studios.

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't see that DVC would decide to build a moderate DVC as that would be a new tier system. Because if the new resort was a moderate, then the points for that resort could not be a point for point even exchange with all of the DVC deluxe resorts. Like other timeshares that have a two tier system wouldn't that mean that a moderate DVC resort would have a lower exchange rate than the deluxe DVC resorts?

Why wouldn't DVC just build a deluxe DVC resort on that site?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the idea of having a moderate DVC resort. I really don't understand why they even feel like they have to attach a DVC hotel to ANY existing resort. Why not just build a new deluxe hotel wherever you want to and let it exist on its own? Also why not just build another tower at BLT? Hasn't that been spoken about as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTalesWooHoo View Post
    I don't like the idea of having a moderate DVC resort. I really don't understand why they even feel like they have to attach a DVC hotel to ANY existing resort. Why not just build a new deluxe hotel wherever you want to and let it exist on its own? Also why not just build another tower at BLT? Hasn't that been spoken about as well?

I always assumed the South Garden Wing at CR was doomed after BTL, but that never happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean Beach Resort was my first ever WDW stay back in 1991, so I have a soft spot in my heart for it.
    But if this is true, they sure as heck better add a "real" indoor bar/lounge.
    It's a joke that it doesn't have one already.
    *JEFF*

UPCOMING DISNEY VACATIONS

DLR - 90 miles away, every few months
    AULANI - June 2017 (8 nts w/ Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 2017 (10 nts - Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)