Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New hotel revealed for Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default New hotel revealed for Disneyland Resort

The Walt Disney Company has revealed plans to build a 700-room hotel on the grounds of Disneyland Resort--only the fourth company-owned property at its Anaheim vacation complex.

Resort Lobby (concept)

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

The one issue we've had with staying 'on property' at DL is there is no real extra benefit to staying at a Disney resort. The airport transfer isn't free and the same bus goes to the Disney good neighbour resorts as well. Also, with any multi day park pass you get one free early morning entry. Plus, there are dozens of hotels across the street and within walking distance. Many closer than PP and DLH. At least with WDW we get free transportation the entire vacation which saves us the need to rent a car and we like the immersion of being on property in WDW.

Everytime we go to DL we say we will stay at DLH or PP but between the three (GC included) hotels ranging from 200-600/night when you can stay, in many cases, closer for about 100-200 and many of the hotels include a free hot breakfast.
    WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - DEC2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- MAR2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - OCT2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - JAN 2012/DL -OCT2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW - SEP2013(OKW)/DL - DEC2014/WDW and DCL- Sep2015(BLT/VWL, and Western Caribbean on the Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    The one issue we've had with staying 'on property' at DL is there is no real extra benefit to staying at a Disney resort.
    I have to agree with all of your points. As a WDW regular, I was especially surprised that you are unable to make charges to your hotel account at many of the venues in Downtown Disney. If I'm remembering correctly, I think there were even a few dining places within California Adventure that wouldn't accept room charges (Boudin Bakery comes to mind).

Having said that, I did love staying at the Grand Californian villas on my two trips out west. And I love Disneyland in general, so this announcement is very exciting!

Post Thanks / Like

I just took a look at the map to see where this new hotel would be located in relation to the rest of the property... Look like it will be located directly across the street (Disneyland Drive) from Adventureland and Tom Sawyer's Island. Then I started thinking -- what has been recently announced that will be coming to that location? The new Star Wars Land! Perhaps this new hotel will be themed around Star Wars!?! Maybe even with its own private entrance into Star Wars Land via a pedestrian tunnel beneath Disneyland Drive?

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but this seems plausible to me. Disney will definitely be trying to capitalize as much as possible on their new property... And with the new Land coming in, they're probably anticipating more guests...

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

As a So Cal local, this is amazing news.
    While I only visit the actual Disneyland & California Adventure Parks once or twice a year anymore, I still make the 95 mile drive to the DLR Resort every couple months. And much of that time is spent on the Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel Properties (even when I'm staying somewhere else).
    It'll be fantastic to have an awesome 3rd Disney Hotel to spend time at. (Paradise Pier wasn't originally built as a Disney Hotel, and doesn't do much for me).

I would expect that this property will have a DVC component to it, but that won't be announced until well down the road so as to not hurt Aulani sales, for which Southern California is a prime market.
    *JEFF*

UPCOMING/RECENT DISNEY VACATIONS
    DLR - 90 miles away, every few months
    AULANI - June 2017 (8 nts w/ Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 2017 (Resorts TBD)

WDW - OKW + POLY - Sept 2016 (10 nts)

Post Thanks / Like

Really like this news. Visited DL for the first time since 1969 earlier this year. Came away liking DL more than WDW.
    Kicking myself for not splitting our initial contract in 2009. They had VGC with incentives at $87 (or maybe it was $85) per point.

VGC was great with the Christmas decorations, singing, etc.

Even if they do add DVC at the new hotel, we are unlikely to add-on. At this point, we're set on points.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disneyland vs Disney World

Our home resort is DL so I am a bit biased. We live in Western Canada and DL generally is the choice for us as it is so much closer. We have been to DW three times.

The closeness of any hotel to the parks at DL is the biggest draw for us. We can return to our unit to eat, relax, swim and then be close enough to the parks to go back later in the day. In DW, the thing that we most dislike is the distance between resorts and parks and the travel involved. It makes each visit to a park seem like a marathon.

However, we still like DW and will visit again but we plan the day differently than we do when we are in DL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imdizfan View Post
    Really like this news. Visited DL for the first time since 1969 earlier this year. Came away liking DL more than WDW.
    Kicking myself for not splitting our initial contract in 2009. They had VGC with incentives at $87 (or maybe it was $85) per point.

VGC was great with the Christmas decorations, singing, etc.

Even if they do add DVC at the new hotel, we are unlikely to add-on. At this point, we're set on points.
    It was $85 as we were able to buy at that price. Also no closing costs and prorated maintenance fee. Was pretty good because we bought in nov for dec uy contracts. Got current years points banked to next year and another years worth of points on Dec 1.
    Ahhh thise are the good old days. Now in 7 years it is $180 to buy direct and waitlist is closed.

Post Thanks / Like

is this one going to have any dvc units?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pine444 View Post
    is this one going to have any dvc units?
    Here is what was stated above in this article:

Quote Originally Posted by DVCNews View Post
    No Disney Vacation Club component was immediately announced. However, DVC additions have been linked to most Disneyland resort construction rumors in recent years.