Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epcot lounge preview

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot lounge preview

Disney Vacation Club recently hosted a preview of the members-only lounge located in the Epcot theme park. Deb Wills from Allears.net was among the invited guests.

View of Spaceship Earth from 2nd floor lounge in Imagination Pavilion

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I was up there about a year ago on the UnDiscovered Future world tour. It had been used for special events. The space isn't very large, I would think it could hold 50-100 max. Looks nice though. There is an elevator at the base of the stairs.

Post Thanks / Like

Given the way DVC crowds have grown for things like the Member Mixers, I'm expecting high demand.

There are something like 4000 DVC rooms on property now, most with max occupancy of 4-9 guests. Granted those guests will be spread across 4 theme parks and other WDW diversions, and will visit the lounge at different times of the day. But i agree it isn't a huge space and will fill up quickly.

Heck I can envision eligible locals visiting regularly just for a free soda, phone recharge and a few minutes in the A/C.

It will be interesting to see how the launch goes but I won't be surprised if we start seeing complaints of guests having to wait to enter and a crowded lounge. In a way it's self-policing because if people arrive to find the lounge crowded, many will leave quickly. But I think it will be rare that people walk into the lounge and find it lightly populated with plenty of available seating and computers / game stations open for use.

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if there is a elevator for us disabled folks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore Tattoo View Post
    Yes there is. Ask one of the Cast Members and they will direct you to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Yes there is. Ask one of the Cast Members and they will direct you to it.
    Wonderful, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore Tattoo View Post
    The stairs wrap around the elevator. The CM at the check-in podium will direct you to the entrance.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose I am in the minority, but to me this lounge is not that exciting. It reminds me of the Chase Visa Lounge they have during Food and Wine time. It's nice, I can't say anything bad about it. But other than a quick stop for a drink or to recharge your phone I just don't find this something that is that big a deal. Most people who are at Epcot don't want to sit in a lounge and play video games. They want to see the park and ride the rides, see the shows and eat in the restaurants.

Of course I could be 100% wrong but I see this as a quick turnover. You go in, cool off, maybe have a soda and you're off. The Chase Lounge during Food and Wine has always been exactly like that. And I think there are more Disney Visa holders than there are DVC members (but I don't know that for a fact). The only time the Chase Lounge built up a line was right after a concert ended at the America Gardens theater. Even then when the line was 20 or more people long it moved very quickly, as few people stayed for more than 10 minutes, myself included.

I think the "newness" might keep the lounge busy at first, but I truly think it will all die down and it will be easy to get in eventually.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering how busy it will be. What I didn't like about the Chase Lounge was that we always had to wait to get in. Then, once in, we may or may not get a seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    I'm wondering how busy it will be. What I didn't like about the Chase Lounge was that we always had to wait to get in. Then, once in, we may or may not get a seat.
    I guess it may be our timing varied but I only had to wait to get in once, and that was because a bunch of folks who had just watched a show at America Gardens Theater decided to use the lounge (as it is located right there). Every other time I walked in with no wait at all. Even that time with the wait I got in in under ten minutes.

I see your point about lack of seats in the Chase Lounge. But the place isn't that large, so I'm not sure there is room for any more seats and still be up to fire codes. Still, I recall being able to get a seat most every time I visited.

I haven't been to the DVC lounge yet so I don't know what the seating capacity is there.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!