Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Disney Springs 'Town Center' opens

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Springs 'Town Center' opens

This past weekend, the new Town Center development located at the Disney Springs shopping district officially opened for business.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks nice. Although the Planet Hollywood dome does look out of place. I now understand why they are remodeling Fultons Crab House to match everything https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...isney-springs/, although I am sad that we will be losing a duplicate of the Lily Belle, that always a connection to Walt Disney for me.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

So, I have mixed feelings about the Disney Springs expansion after just touring it. The front section, the part that directly faces the original Downtown Disney is spectacular. The Imagineers hit a home run.

The part of the expansion toward the rear near the parking garages reminds me greatly of a high end outdoor shopping mall like you would see in Fashion Island in Newport Beach or The Grove in LA. Or any number of high end outdoor malls in the US. I kind of wish the detail that is contained in the section around the springs was found throughout the expansion, but I am sure that would have driven up the price dramatically.

Also there are a great number of shops that I would say lean toward the extravagant, that most middle/upper middle class people would never shop at, although with the price increases we continue to see, this probably caters to the demographic that will most likely visit Walt Disney World in the coming years.

Regarding the look of the water in the springs, I now live in North Central Florida in the heart of natural spring country. I am near Silver Springs and Rainbow Springs, and I can attest to the fact that they are spot on. The water and sandy bottom really look like what the have created. I was pretty amazed by that.

Considering that they are really adding a lot and not really taking anything away, I guess there is not much room for complaining.

4. Likes TimK, denlo liked this post