Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DTD Marketplace dock to close

Post Thanks / Like

Default DTD Marketplace dock to close

As part of ongoing construction efforts in the Downtown Disney area, the Marketplace boat dock will soon close for an extended period.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I understand why they rerouted the DVC resort boats to the Westside Dock (but I still don't understand why they switched months ago).

Is there an artist's rendition of this causeway?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the causeway between the two Marketplace areas? I found this photo on the internet.

IMG_4306-XL.jpg
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Is this the causeway between the two Marketplace areas? I found this photo on the internet.
    What a neat model -- great image! Sure looks like it could be the causeway to me. Interesting, looks like one area to dock then and you walk toward Pleasure Island or MarketPlace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Yup..that's it.

They've actually begun work in the water. There are some photos at the link below. Apparently they've been able to maintain the watercraft traffic for a little while but that will end Friday.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/...nstruction.htm

Post Thanks / Like

AttractionsMagazine.com also has a Disney Springs photo update on their website.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/downt...-photo-update/
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Hmmmm...

With the always limited parking near Marketplace, it's getting harder and harder to get there if you're with anyone who has limited walking ability. We used to park behind HoB and take the boat over to Marketplace. Looks like we'll need to bring the wheelchair for my husband next time.
    Loving WDW since 1985 w/ at least 2 trips annually before moving to central FL in 2003 and now visit WDW all the time!
    DVC member since 1994 when Old Key West was synonymous with DVC!!!
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HDLady View Post
    With the always limited parking near Marketplace, it's getting harder and harder to get there if you're with anyone who has limited walking ability. We used to park behind HoB and take the boat over to Marketplace. Looks like we'll need to bring the wheelchair for my husband next time.
    I was wondering about that. I've been thinking I might go to DTD unless I'm staying at OKW or SSR until the remodel is complete.
    --Denise