Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    stuff like the Contemporary or the monorail beam in the distance.
    Wow, instead of just a bunch of water or sand you can get a monorail view???

Sounds like all it needs is a marketing spin to me.
    -Craig (I'm D23 since day one! {but I am NOT their DG or affiliated with the DG site...})
    Running Disney: Go Peacocks!
    |=> Mouse House trips:: WDW: 21 times °O° DL: 4 °O° DLP: Pending! <=|
    [All except my first 11 FL & 1 CA have been with my DW Elizabeth (aka "E"); she may be less geeky but humors me well! ]

2. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Aulani
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Wow, instead of just a bunch of water or sand you can get a monorail view???

Sounds like all it needs is a marketing spin to me.
    Of course you're right, and I'm sure Disney will "spin" these like crazy. And people will spend tons of points to stay in them--they'll likely be booked right at 11 months all year long!

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV & BLT
    So if accurate, which is obvioulsy a big if... what's the allure of staying in that far west DVC building butting up to the wedding chapel? So, on the east side you get the new pool area, etc. On the far west you get a LONG walk back to the Poly main building and amenities. Is this where point categories break from "view" and are more along the lines of location?

I'm happy that I've got my BLT points and won't be adding on elsewhere anymore. Maybe, between VGF and VPR (or whatever Poly will be), the resale market will get saturated with BLT sales and I can pick up some value priced points!

4. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV
    All I gotta say when can I book the room. lol!

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    During the recent podcast, Steve mentioned that the current structure for the Spirit of Aloha Luau would be demolished to make way for one of the five-story DVC-dedicated buildings.

Disney might go forward with that idea, but a recent filing with the Orange County Comptroller seems inconsistent with those plans.

On May 9, 2013, Disney filed a Notice of Commencement for work at the Polynesian Resort. The Notice isn't specific (see https://officialrecords.occompt.com/...=DOC1172S21495) but under the heading of 'General description of improvement" it lists "Roofing" for the Luau Building.

Perhaps the Luau Building's roof needs some emergency repairs that need to commence as soon as possible. However, it doesn't seem likely that Disney would be doing an elective major roof renovation if it was planning on demolishing the structure within the next year.

6. Collapse Details
    More Changes to DVC Polynesian Plans 
    My DVC Home(s)
    BWV
    Who knows what will actually happen in the end. The info seems to change from month to month. Most folks who commented are not happy with this latest bit of news. Tikiman put this up today on his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Tikimanpage...ocation=stream):

"New DVC info. they are building all 20 bungalows. They will all be Grand Villas and they will sleep 8. All other DVC units outside the bungalows will be studios. No one and two bedroom units."

Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

7. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW, BCV, HHI
    No 1 or 2 BR units? That does indeed seem odd. It'll work just fine in our family, since I'll only ever need a studio. Knowing Guy, I'll only get to stay there on solo trips-he's a firmly committed OKW person. I've finally convinced him to "tolerate" BCV for the F&W festival only.

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    No 1 or 2 BR units? That does indeed seem odd. It'll work just fine in our family, since I'll only ever need a studio. Knowing Guy, I'll only get to stay there on solo trips-he's a firmly committed OKW person. I've finally convinced him to "tolerate" BCV for the F&W festival only.
    I note that Tikiman is also reporting on his Facebook page that DVC is building 20 bungalows that will be "Grand Villas" that sleep 8. If true, these will be the smallest grand villas in the DVC system, at least in terms of sleeping capacity.

I don't question Tikiman's credibility when it comes to Polynesian rumors. However, I don't think Tikiman understands the DVC system all that well. Its possible the bungalows will turn out to be two-bedroom vacation homes rather than grand villas.
    Last edited by wdrl; 08-31-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo

9. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    I note that Tikiman is also reporting on his Facebook page that DVC is building 20 bungalows that will be "Grand Villas" that sleep 8. If true, these will be the smallest grand villas in the DVC system, at least in terms of sleeping capacity.

I don't question Tikiman's credibility when it comes to Polynesian rumors. However, I don't think Tikiman understands the DVC system all that well. Its possible the bungalows will turn out to be two-bedroom vacations rather than grand villas.
    You may very well be right about Tikiman (Steve) not understanding DVC. For everyone's sake I hope he's wrong and they build 1 and 2 bedrooms for the DVC Poly.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

10. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW, BCV, HHI
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Hilton Head has a large number of villas that sleep 8, and very few that sleep other numbers. But at least they have a few (1 BRs and real Grand Villas). Maybe DVC at the Polynesian figures that since one DVC resort went "against the norm" in terms of #s, they can. But it still doesn't make sense at WDW.