Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My Disney Experience 
    My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, ADR
    Have any of you used the My Disney Experience on the WDW website? I've always used the My Disney Vacation to keep our ADRs and reservations all in one place. And I like that it gave me a countdown too. But now they are switching to My Disney Experience.

My Disney Experience allows you to add affliations, like passholder and Disney Vacation Club under my profile. The advantage is that your DVC reservations and guests names will all pop up on the My Disney Experience. But when I try to add Disney Vacation Club it doesn't like that my user name on the DVC website does not match my Disney user name. So it wants me to link them. But when I try to link them it wants me to reenroll my DVC online access, despite me saying I'm already enrolled. The irritating question is that it asks for my member ID (not membership number, each person on a membership is signed a member ID) and my original temporary login user name and passcode. I easily found my member ID on the website where it shows my status as a member (additional owner). But I doubt I even saved my original temporary login stuff. So I'm stuck at this point.
    Last edited by denlo; 01-26-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    --Denise

2. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    SSR
    I used it and found it moderately helpful this last trip, I wish it would automatically sync with the coordinating IPhone app. I had all my dining confirmation numbers on the lap top My Disney Experience, but didn't take the time to put them into my phone. At one point I asked the phone app for some info and the screen went blank. It didn't recover until the next day, so I didn't really trust it to be a reliable way to keep track of my itinerary anyways.
    I think they are still working out the bugs, I hope these interactive apps will be a feature in the future.
    The phone app is pretty neat in that it gives entertainment times and locations, like the Dapper Dans, Jamminators, or the World Showcase stuff, as well as Character times and locations. I didn't find the ride times to be terribly accurate.

I think what I liked best was seeing our next trip listed as this last one went ended.

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV
    Quote Originally Posted by 7swans View Post
    I used it and found it moderately helpful this last trip, I wish it would automatically sync with the coordinating IPhone app. I had all my dining confirmation numbers on the lap top My Disney Experience, but didn't take the time to put them into my phone.
    All upcoming room and dining reservations you see in the MyDisneyExperience tab of disneyworld.com do automatically appear in the MyDisneyExperience mobile apps. On the iPhone, you need to touch 'more' and then 'My Reservations' to get at them.
    Michael

4. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    SSR
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    All upcoming room and dining reservations you see in the MyDisneyExperience tab of disneyworld.com do automatically appear in the MyDisneyExperience mobile apps. On the iPhone, you need to touch 'more' and then 'My Reservations' to get at them.
    I am glad to know that this worked for you, my experience was that the phone app prompted me to add them manually.
    Last edited by 7swans; 01-26-2013 at 04:26 PM.

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    1 BLT, 1 Saratoga Springs, 4 Animal Kingdom Villas, 1 Boardwalk Villas.
    I just got back (last night) from WDW and tried daily to use my Disney experience. Very buggy. Didn't sync with iPhone app. Had to enter manually. Crashed MANY MANY times! Annoying. Was a little worse than the new website. I know some great recent computer grads they can hire! They might want to consider trying these things out in real time, BEFORE they send them to the masses.

6. Collapse Details
    Re: My Disney Experience 
    My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL
    Something buggy from Disney IT? Nahhhh, I can't believe it!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
    -Craig (I'm D23 since day one! {but I am NOT their DG or affiliated with the DG site...})
    Running Disney: Go Peacocks!
    |=> Mouse House trips:: WDW: 21 times °O° DL: 4 °O° DLP: Pending! <=|
    [All except my first 11 FL & 1 CA have been with my DW Elizabeth (aka "E"); she may be less geeky but humors me well! ]

7. Collapse Details

I linked my dvc account to my Disney experience but can't seem to get our April reservation to come up. Any suggestions?

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    SSR
    I had to add mine manually.
    Find your reservation number either in the confirmation email or on dvcmember.com and then enter it under add reservation.

Overall I like the new website stuff, it just surprises me that such a technologically savvy group of people can't seem to get it together and do this better than anyone else does.

9. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, ADR
    So how did you link your DVC membership to My Disney experience? Or did you just skip the linking part?
    --Denise

10. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    SSR
    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    So how did you link your DVC membership to My Disney experience? Or did you just skip the linking part?
    I was not aware that you could link your membership. Trying to link the iPhone app and the website has been futile thus far.
    I also can't seem to remove 'family members', Mr 7 has made his own profile and linked it to mine, but I cant get the old generic profile I had for him or the friends we took on our last trip to delete. It keeps prompting me that it can't delete anyone with active reservations or something to that effect. Two of the people I want to delete were invited to join us on our recent trip but declined, I never included them in dining reservations and the trip dates are past, so I can't understand why I am unable to delete them....it is frustrating!

It does seem to be improving gradually, I have hope that they will fix the bugs, since they are going to track where we are, what we are doing, eating and spending at every moment, I think they should be able to make the website work properly!