Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Top of the World

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Top of the World

Last week Disney announced that the Bay Lake Tower's Top of the World lounge would be accessible to all Disney Vacation Club members staying on points for the next 7 weeks. *While the lounge does provide a unique environment for enjoying the Magic Kingdom's nightly fireworks show, it is not the most accessible location. *The resort is isolated from most other DVC properties. *Parking is limited and direct bus transportation is not provided between resorts.

Topic: *Would you visit the Top of the World lounge when staying at other resorts--particularly if this new benefit is extended beyond the announced ending date?

Click here to read this article!
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm..... hard to say. If I had never been, I think the answer would be "Yes, definitely at least once".

Nono mentioned in another thread that TOTWL would be a great place to take a break at during a long MK day. IIRC, the lounge doesn't open until the evening, for some reason 6 or 7 PM sticks in my mind. If that's the case, not sure how practical the lounge would be for a MK getaway respite. Maybe on one of the EMH late nights.

If they increased the hours of operation, added more food options to the menu (I'm thinking Sushi) I would consider it as a meal option. Probably wouldn't make a special trip just to have a cocktail and watch Wishes.

Note: Watching Wishes from the TOTWL is quite different than viewing from Main St, Poly, GF or even the CR. Wishes is designed to be viewed from the front of the Castle. If you picture the MK as a clock with the Castle at 12 and Train Station at 6, viewing Wishes from BLT is like being at 3:30. It really looks much more like a simple fireworks display rather than a choreographed show.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Top of the World

Yes, we would definitely use the ability to view the "Top" sights. All DVC privileges should be available to all. We don't need things to be divisive.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Absolutely

We have stayed at BLT before and enjoyed the Top of the World lounge. We would definitely make a visit part of an upcoming trip if the benefit was extended beyond the summer dates already announced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydadrrm View Post
    Yes, we would definitely use the ability to view the "Top" sights. All DVC privileges should be available to all. We don't need things to be divisive.
    My stance is that I am neither here nor there with regards to the feature being shared by every DVC member. With that said, if it does happen, I want to be able to use stormalongbay when I stay at BLT.

The way it stands right now there are benefits that are specific to each resort and to staying there. If you are going to remove the specifics to staying there, then they all need to be removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Top of The World

It is for BLT and BLT only. You want to go up there, buy points, like I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't go out of my way to visit TOWL - or anything.

When staying at SSR or OKW we visit DTD - when staying in BC/BW we do EPCOT and DHS - when staying at AKL we do AK. Our stays are short but sweet so we concentrate on our area of choice. If DH wasn't into BB we'd have never gotten to WWS.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus68 View Post
    It is for BLT and BLT only. You want to go up there, buy points, like I did.
    As has been pointed out in another thread, you don't need to buy BLT points to stay at BLT. If I book BLT with my BWV points, I would be entitled to use the lounge.

To answer the question: No, I would not make a special trip to TOTWL if I wasn't staying there. I have been there and seen the view, so maybe if I hadn't I would go once just to check it out. But I prefer the fireworks view from the Poly Beach or from inside the MK. I see no other reason to use the lounge.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

Post Thanks / Like

We probably would, since we're taking a few years off from the parks, and we spend a lot of time relaxing in lounges, this would give us a new spot we've never been.....However, that being said, maybe I'm a hypocrite because I can understand BLT owners being upset about this.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NO!!!

No I will not go the TOTWL lounge unless I am staying there! It is and should remain an exclusive perk to guest staying at BLT. Don't ruin a good thing.

If you want to got to TOTWL lounge then stay at BLT. It is hard to get reservations to BLT, it uaually cost more in points or cash and when you finally did get to stay there and then couldn't have access to the TOTWL because everyone else is already there, I guarantee you would not be happy.

BTW the view of the fireworks show from BLT TOTWL is not the best.