Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Extra Magic Hour perk for Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Default Extra Magic Hour perk for Disneyland

As Disney California Adventure's Cars Land opens to the public the resort will implement a new exclusive benefit for Disney hotel guests including Disney Vacation Club members.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Its nice to see that they are finally starting to implement some perks for staying at a DL hotel. WDW is a no brainer with perks like MAgical express, park/resort transportation, extra magic hrs, etc. And there are several different cost levels. At DL the hotels are so expensive and it's hard to justify when there are so many other hotels surrounding the park that are a third of the cost and IMO just as nice. Plus many offer free parking, wifi, breakfast, etc. The extra magic hour won't sway me to spending 300+ a night but it's a start. It would be nice to see free transportation from airport to hotel like they do at WDW. Not just for the cost but also the piece of mind of being in a Disney owner and operated transportation service and not likely to be scammed or "taken for a ride". When we were planning our trip last year we saw a lot of reviews that warned about rogue transportation services so we were extra careful.
    WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - DEC2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- MAR2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - OCT2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - JAN 2012/DL -OCT2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW - SEP2013(OKW)/DL - DEC2014/WDW and DCL- Sep2015(BLT/VWL, and Western Caribbean on the Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

It is funny, we always plan on getting up early for the early entry....but those beds at the VGC are so comfortable, it's hard to get up
    Even the baby slept in

But I guess for the Radiator Springs we will have to do it.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to the extra park time in September! Now if only it were in the evening instead of the morning nice I'm a night owl... But I'll take what I can get, and with the 3 hours time change from home it should all work out.
    -Craig (I'm D23 since day one! {but I am NOT their DG or affiliated with the DG site...})
    Running Disney: Go Peacocks!
    |=> Mouse House trips:: WDW: 21 times °O° DL: 4 °O° DLP: Pending! <=|
    [All except my first 11 FL & 1 CA have been with my DW Elizabeth (aka "E"); she may be less geeky but humors me well! ]

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a permanent on property perk? Or does it expire in September like the AP early entry?

Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    It would be nice to see free transportation from airport to hotel like they do at WDW. Not just for the cost but also the piece of mind of being in a Disney owner and operated transportation service
    While it would be nice if the Disneyland Express shuttles were free for Disney Hotel guests, Disney's Magical Express is not owned or operated by Disney but by Mears Transportation. Although it is very nice to be greeted and checked in by a Disney CM right at the airport.

Post Thanks / Like

Loving the split schedule between AP holders and resort guests. Hopefully they keep it.
    Julie
    2005 Disneyland Hotel - 2006 Port Orleans Riverside - 2006 Offsite at the Anaheim Hilton - 2007 All Star Movies
    2008 Caribbean Beach - 2009 Saratoga Springs - 2010 Old Key West - 2012 Feb. Coronado Springs/Oct. Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House
    2013 Pop Century - 2014 Port Orleans Riverside