Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW,VWL,BCV
    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    ...........the DVC is a company and the idea is to make money. If you are a stockholder of Disney wouldn't it irritate you if the profit was lowered because .................

And that is why WDW has two half day parks.

Everything you see happening today is the DEAD OPPOSITE of Walt's business model.

The only business model they follow today is a hybrid of the bait n switch game.

2. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT
    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Boy am I getting off topic. Sorry. I'll blame it on all the medications they still have me taking after my recent hospitalization.
    A little off topic but a great post!!!

Every now and then I read trip reports on websites like tripadvisor and it absolutely amazes me what people will complain about....people forget that stuff will break and things don't always go according to plan...sometimes food is overcooked or a store is sold out of a product...I have never found a CM at any disney property to be rude....but then again I have never raised my voice at them either....When we were at Aulani we changed from a two bedroom to a one bedroom for the last few nights....Our room door lock broke (twice) and then our garbage disposal didn't work....it was frustrating that we had to make two trips to the front desk to fix it but thats life...It's not like the staff intentionally tried to ruin our vacation....It was a brand new resort and there will be glitches....things break...they fix it...People can't expect to equipment to always work our staff to test equipment every day to ensure it does work....I've watched staff members take a lot of crap from people that is just beyond their control.....Not saying a CM has ever been wrong or rude to people but in my experience they have been fantastic....

DENLO you are absolutely right....people are to focused on the me, me, me......quick example....when taking the bus at WDW my wife and I never take a seat if the bus is full and always give it up to someone with kids, seniors, etc if the bus fills after we get on....I would say less than 50% acknowelge our gesture or even say thank you...it amazes us....

As far as perks go...when we bought in we knew we were paying for the room itself....anything else was just a bonus....Just because we invest 10/20/30/40 000 or whatever doesn't mean that Disney will start taking a loss on us....I will always see it as a business and we love going....when we stop seeing DVC as a good investment ( and by investment I mean for family togetherness not money) for our family then we will sell our points....for now...I don't see that happening....
    WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - 2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- 2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - 2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - 2012/DL -2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW-SEP2013(OKW)

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV, OKW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    As far as perks go...when we bought in we knew we were paying for the room itself....anything else was just a bonus....Just because we invest 10/20/30/40 000 or whatever doesn't mean that Disney will start taking a loss on us....I will always see it as a business and we love going....when we stop seeing DVC as a good investment ( and by investment I mean for family togetherness not money) for our family then we will sell our points....for now...I don't see that happening....
    That pretty much sums it up for me as well.

As long as the Resorts are kept up well, and provide that Magical feeling when I'm there, I'll continue to be very satisfied.
    *JEFF*

UPCOMING/RECENT DISNEY TRIPS
    [I]DLR - May 2014 GRAND CAL

WDW - September 2014 AKL Jambo, VGF & BWV (12 nights)

HAWAII- September 2013 AULANI

4. Collapse Details

We have been members since 2000 and really love the convenience of the DVC and we know things change over the years, but we really do wish that members could benefit from some perks on the Dining Plan, perhaps a discount for members since this DDP is offered free on vacationers booking packages at other resorts and yet DVC members visit WDW frequently. Also when we buy merchandise we no longer get discounts and I find that since visitors from outside the US cannot get a Disney Visa Card we lose out on discounts when shopping. I would though recommend the DVC to others.

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Grand Californian
    My DW and I have always stayed onsite at Shades of Green and truly enjoy WDW. We've had been considering joining DVC and were finally convinced when we made a visit and stayed offsite for the first time. It just didn't feel the same to us. We worked out the math and since I'm retired military we get discounted tickets to the parks, being a D23 member gets me discounted merchandise, all that was left was being able to get the nicest rooms at the nicest resorts when we wanted to. Shades of Green has a very high occupancy rate and is not always available when you want to visit. All I have to hear is that, "Welcome Home" to know that we made the right decision.
    DVC owners at VGC since 1/2010