1. Collapse Details
    Monthly sales data for March 2012 
    For the first time in nearly three years, more Disney Vacation Club points were sold for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas than for any of the nine resorts for which point sales can be tracked. In March 2012, Disney Vacation Development sold 181,076 points, of which 85,632 points were for Animal Kingdom Villas. Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, which led all resorts in sales for the prior seven consecutive months, dropped to second with 44,081 points sold.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT
    That's a big drop off in sales compared to March 2011.

Hopefully they are selling a lot of Aulani points to make up for the drop in East of the Mississippi revenue.

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    It is interesting to speculate how soon Disney Vacation Development begins selling points for the Villas at Grand Floridian. Sales for BLT started in September 2008, about 11 months before it opened. Sales at AKV for the Kidani Units started in March 2008, about 14 months before Kidani opened in May 2009. If VGF opens in the Fall of 2013, then sales might start in September or so of this year.

Since July 2010, DVD has averaged about 205,000 points in monthly sales, excluding Aulani and Villas of Grand Californian for which point sales cannot be tracked. Until sales commence for VGF, DVD has about 2.25 million points left to sell for AKV, plus an unknown - but significantly larger - number of points left to sell for Aulani. BLT seems to be generating about 30,000 points in sales each month, and I suspect that SSR will also level out to about the same number of monthly sales. AKV sales will really have to improve to well over 100,000 points a month if DVD hopes to maintain a sales rate of 205,000 points while awaiting VGF to come online.

4. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV, SSR, VGC
    Quote Originally Posted by imdizfan View Post
    That's a big drop off in sales compared to March 2011.
    It's not really worthwhile to put too much stock in such a narrow comparison. In February '12 sales were up nearly 30% compared to the prior year.

The sorts of incentives were being offered in one year vs the other can certainly impact sales. Or it could be procedural delay (DVC slow closing, OCC slow recording, etc.) caused by something as simple as a scheduled employee vacation. If DVC's closings slow down because someone takes a week's vacation, the numbers are easily distorted.

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Sales at AKV for the Kidani Units started in March 2008, about 14 months before Kidani opened in May 2009.
    I wouldn't put much stock in the Kidani start date. DVC began selling Jambo points about 6 months before the villas opened. When all of the Jambo points were exhausted they simply transitioned to Kidani out of necessity. There wasn't a conscious decision to begin selling Kidani 14 months ahead, it just worked out that way. The other alternative would have been to suspend sales for a period of time--not something DVC wanted to do since AKV was pretty much the sole focus of their marketing at that time.

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT
    Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    It's not really worthwhile to put too much stock in such a narrow comparison. In February '12 sales were up nearly 30% compared to the prior year.

The sorts of incentives were being offered in one year vs the other can certainly impact sales. Or it could be procedural delay (DVC slow closing, OCC slow recording, etc.) caused by something as simple as a scheduled employee vacation. If DVC's closings slow down because someone takes a week's vacation, the numbers are easily distorted.
    Good point Tim.

I didn't realize March 2011 was such a big sales month (biggest since at least June 2010), so it's not surprising to have a big drop off.
    Also DVD hasn't offered any incentives that have the various boards buzzing for at least 2-3 months.

If I remember correctly, didn't DVD offer some big incentives for AKV just before BLT sales started. If so, would DVD likely offer another incentive before VGF sales start? (Obviously, fall 2008 was a much different economy than 2012, so things could change). Seems like a good business practice since new products often suffocate sales for existing products.

6. Collapse Details
    Blt sales 
    My DVC Home(s)
    BLT
    the sales incentives are some what great or good for most of the resorts , it just so happened that when i bought into Bay Lake their was a 500 disney gift card given to you , and you would think thats great but i chose the other incentive of 5000 off and used that towards my down payment and i had bought in at 130 per point with a referral of a friend and that even brought the price down even more ,so you do have to do your home work as i did which took me 2yrs to buy when the time was right. I also had a great guide who went above and beyond to help me to get me in the right use year which by the way is Feb the most popular .

7. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Saratoga Springs. My home in Florida.
    Hello all, I do not know if this is the right forum for my question, but here it goes. What is the current prices for adding on to vacation points and where can I find it on the Disney Vacation club website? I know they were running a special that ended April, curious what add price is now. Thank you.

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean418 View Post
    Hello all, I do not know if this is the right forum for my question, but here it goes. What is the current prices for adding on to vacation points and where can I find it on the Disney Vacation club website? I know they were running a special that ended April, curious what add price is now. Thank you.
    The DVCNews has a section showing current prices for adding on directly from Disney. Click here to see the page. However, it hasn't been updated in the last few weeks, so I don't know if it shows the prices as of today.

Your best bet is to contact your DVC Guide directly and asking for Disney's current pricing. My experience has been that Disney sometimes has special pricing that is not always posted to the internet. By the way, if you don't know your Guide's phone number, then call Member Services and they will direct your call to a Guide.