Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Layout of Aulani By Villas & Views - Updated 7/12/2014 
    My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa, is the 11th resort in the Disney Vacation Club system. The first phase of the resort opened on August 29, 2011, and the second phase opened on November 15, 2011. The third and final phase opened in October 2012.

Aulani has 460 DVC Vacation Homes, including 21 three-bedroom Grand Villas and 439 two-bedroom villas. In addition, 246 of the two-bedroom villas will be configured as 'lock off' 'villas that can be booked as two-bedroom villas, studios, or one-bedroom villas.

Aulani has four different view categories. Standard View includes either a view of the conference center, parking lot, or parking garage from the room or balcony. Island View includes at least a partial view of the mountains, spa, or landscaping from the room or balcony. Pool View includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features, or landscaping from the room or balcony. Ocean View includes at least a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony.

The following chart shows the number and type of villas in each phase by view category.

This diagram show the location of Aulani's three phases.

Phase 1 is in the Ewa Building and is adjacent to Aulani's lobby. The even numbered villas face Aulani's pool and the ocean. The odd numbered villas face the convention center, the street, and the island. There are 73 Vacation Homes in Phase 1 of the Ewa Building, but no Grand Villas

Phase 2 is in the Waianae Building and is on the left side of the resort when looking from the ocean. The even numbered villas face the pool and the ocean. The odd numbered villas face outward and the upper floors have ocean views. Phase 2 has 11 Grand Villas which are on the end cap of the Waianae Building and face the ocean.

Phase 3, which opened in early October 2012, is the largest of Aulani's three phases. It is an L-shaped building that is on the right side of the resort when looking from the ocean. The short wing, which is closer to the lobby, has even numbered villas that face the island or the ocean, and odd numbered villas that face other structures or the island. The Phase 3 long wing has even numbered villas that face Aulani's pool and ocean, and odd numbered villas that face the island. There are also a few odd numbered villas on the higher floors that face the ocean. Phase 3 has 10 Grand Villas which are on the end cap of the Phase 3 Building.

The following diagrams show the View category for each villa. Column headers indicate the type of accommodation, such a Grand Villa, dedicated two-bedroom, or lock off two-bedroom. When known, the diagrams also show which part of the lock off two-bedroom is the studio and which part is the one-bedroom villa.

There is symmetry in the layout of most of the villas at Aulani, resulting in the same type of accommodation stacked on top of each other. For example, in the Waianae Building, the villas with room numbers ending in '02' are all dedicated two-bedroom villas. The exception is with villas 164 and 264 in the Phase 3 Building. They are dedicated two-bedroom villas, while the other villas numbered xx64 on the floors above are lock off two bedroom villas.

When looking at the diagrams, note that the Waianae Building and the long wing of the Phase 3 Building are tapered. The parts closest to the lobby extend to the 16th floor, but the buildings taper down to the 14th floor and the 11th floor as they approach the ocean.

The information for these diagrams is derived from Aulani's Master Declaration dated June 7, 2010.

This resort map shows the location of some of the features and services at Aulani:

Quick Links to Specific Posts (Click on Villa Number to Jump to Post):

Villa 110: Pool View Studio
    Villa 170/172: Pool View Lock-off 2BR
    Villa 204: Pool View Studio
    Villa 304: Pool View Studio
    Villa 310: Pool View Studio
    Villa 312: Pool View 1BR
    Villa 356: Pool View Studio
    Villa 363: Standard View 1BR
    Villa 452: Pool View 1BR
    Villa 453: Standard View 1BR
    Villa 458: Pool View 1BR
    Villa 482: Pool View 1BR
    Villa 501: Ocean View Grand Villa
    Villa 504: Pool View Studio
    Villa 506: Pool View 1BR
    Villa 505/507: Island View Lock-off 2BR (505 Studio/507 1BR)
    Villa 508: Pool View Dedicated 2BR
    Villa 551: Standard View Dedicated 2BR
    Villa 612: Ocean View 1BR
    Villa 651: Standard View Dedicated 2BR
    Villa 752: Ocean View 1BR
    Villa 787: Island View Dedicated 2BR
    Villa 804: Ocean View Studio
    Villa 808: Ocean View Dedicated 2BR Note: HA Villa
    Villa 813: Ocean View 1BR
    Villa 857
    : Island View Studio
    Villa 910: Ocean View Studio
    Villa 913: Ocean View 1BR
    Villa 964: Ocean View Studio
    Villa 1001: Ocean View Grand Villa
    Villa 1003: Ocean View Dedicated 2BR
    Villa 1006: Ocean View 1BR
    Villa 1007: Ocean View 1BR
    Villa 1008: Ocean View Dedicated 2BR
    Villa 1051: Island View Dedicated 2BR
    Villa 1054: Ocean View Studio
    Villa 1152: Ocean View 1BR
    Villa 1154: Ocean View Studio
    Villa 1178: Ocean View Studio
    Villa 1204: Ocean View Studio
    Villa 1550: Ocean View Dedicated 2BR
    Villa 1612
    : Ocean View 1BR
    Villa 1655
    : Island View Studio
    Last edited by wdrl; 07-12-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Add Another Villa to List

2. Collapse Details
    So excited. 
    My DVC Home(s)
    Aulani
    We made Christmas reservations today !

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Californian, Saratoga Springs
    Thank you very much for the chart.

Hmmm... we were planning on a SV Grand Villa for a couple of nights of our week stay, just to try one out. But it seems like we should allot some extra points in the event that only an Ocean View is available.

4. Collapse Details
    View from our 1-Bedroom Oceanview Villa : Room 752 
    I was requested to post some pics of our Aulani Villa:
    Room 752 - 1-Bedroom Oceanview

Our Door - Each floor has different door art - notice the hidden mickey

My son enjoying the breakfast nook. This room has a lock-off door.

Television with pull out bed underneath

Master bedroom

Our Balcony

Our oceanview from our balcony

I had to put a pic of me surfing on the beach! (Free-WiFi surfing that is... yes Aulani WiFi reaches the beach so you can FaceTime chat your family back on the mainland and show off paradise

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    I updated the layout chart in Post #1. We now know that villas with room numbers ending in xx53 are one-bedroom villas and those ending in xx55 are studios.

I'm still missing the breakout of the two-bedroom lock off villas with room numbers ending in xx05 or xx07. If anyone knows which part of the lock off is the studio or one-bedroom, please let me know.

6. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV, OKW
    As always, thanks for your awesome information WDRL!
    And thank you for the great pics PLASMO!!

I'm starting to get really excited!!!!!!!
    *JEFF*

UPCOMING/RECENT DISNEY TRIPS
    DLR - Jan 2015 GRAND CAL

WDW - Sept 2014 AKLV Jambo, VGF & BWV (12 nights)

HAWAII- Sept 2013 AULANI

7. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    Several posters have shared photos of their Aulani villas and views. At the bottom of Post #1 of this thread, I have inserted links that jump to their posts.

There are 460 Vacation Homes at Aulani, and we have photos for six of them. Only 454 more to go!

EDITED: Just added another link tonight. Only 453 more to go.
    Last edited by wdrl; 05-02-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Update

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    Thanks to wipedaler on the disboards, we now know the location of the studios and the one-bedroom villas for all of the lock-off two-bedrooms villas in Aulani's Phase 1 and Phase 2. I have updated the charts in Post #1 to show how the lock-offs are configured.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their photos!

9. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    We've gotten a couple more postings from Aulani guests showing the views from their villas. At the bottom of Post #1 of this thread is a list of the villas with links to their photos.

If anyone visits Aulani, please post your views to this thread.

Thanks!

10. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT and AKV
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    . . . .

If anyone visits Aulani, please post your views to this thread.

Thanks!
    And room number too! Maybe we can get as detailed a view list for Aulani, like Work2Play has done for BLT.
    --Denise